9

"I promise you guys, I'm not dating Toru!"

Yuki raised a brow. "You're calling him by first name, though?"

"He asked me to!"

Momo grinned. "The whole school is talking about it, you know. L/n Y/n and Oikawa Toru being in a relationship. They were talking and touching, being all close to each other. Then Oikawa couldn't stop staring at Y/n-chi in class and got scolded for it while blushing."

Rei sighed. "Man, they're so in love."

"We are not! It's a misunderstanding!"

Rei frowns. "What's there to understand incorrectly?"

"Toru and I aren't dating! We're just friends!" You felt your face heat up with embarrassment. "I don't even like him that way."

Yuki shook her head. "You're in denial, Y/n. You like him, otherwise you wouldn't have gone along with calling him by his first name. I know you, we've been friends our whole lives. I can tell you started liking Oikawa at some point, when I'm not sure."

You sigh. "Ok, but I'm not gonna admit to suddenly liking the Oikawa Toru. I am serious, though! We're not dating!"

Meanwhile with the guys...

Iwaizumi glared at the setter. "Since when have you been dating the girl you've been crushing on all year?"

Oikawa looked away. "We're not dating! We're just friends! Seriously, guys, I would say something if I started dating Y/n-chan!"

Hanamaki sighed. "He has a point."

Iwaizumi shook his head. "What about the rumor?"

Oikawa felt his face heat up, it tinted a light pink color. "They're false. Someone must have seen me act a certain way with Y/n-chan and took it out of context. I know I've liked her ever since I saw her at the beginning of this school year, but I haven't built up the courage to actually get into a relationship with her yet! I just recently started talking with her!"

Iwaizumi sighed. "Then do something about those rumors tomorrow."

Oikawa looked at his best friend, eyes wide. "You mean I can't let all these people think we're dating?"

"She might not like that! Tomorrow, go make sure everyone knows the truth!"

Oikawa sighed, looking at the ground. "Fine, fine. I'll correct this mistake."

Back with you...

You sigh for the umpteenth time. "I promise you guys that this rumor is false. Toru and I seriously aren't dating."

Yuki sighs. "Fine. I trust you, Y/n."

Momo grins. "Though, you and Oikawa do make a good couple."

You turn to face her, your face red. "That's enough, Momo!"

You quickly get ready for practice, hurriedly running out of the club room. You run into another person.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" You both say before looking at each other, your faces flushing.

"Toru." You say.

"Y/n." He says back.

You look away. "I'm guessing you had to talk with your team about this rumor that started spreading."

Oikawa nods. "You too?"

"They didn't want to believe me when I kept saying that you and I aren't dating."

He hums. "I see. Well, we can do one of two things about this situation. One: We could come clean and state that we aren't dating. Or two: We start dating."

The blush on your face darkens. "We're not gonna start dating just because of a rumor! We need to tell everyone that we aren't dating."

Oikawa felt disappointed. "Right. Don't worry your pretty head about a thing. I'll take care of this rumor first thing tomorrow morning."

You smile at him. "Thanks, Toru."

He gives you a bright smile. "No problem, Y/n-chan. I'd do anything for you, since we're friends."

"I appreciate that. I better get to my gym now. We both have practices to start, after all."

Oikawa nods. "Right. We have a lot of practices until the inter high prelims. Better not waste any of them."

You nod, starting to walk off to your gym. "Man, we really have our work cut out for us. There are so many strong team emerging in the prefecture. I really wanna go to the inter high!"

"Me too. Oh, I gotta go this way now. I'll see you after practice, Y/n-chan."

You wave at him, not breaking your stride. "See ya, Toru."

You two go your separate ways. You head into the girls' team's gym. You grab the ball cart, pushing it out by the court. You grab a ball, tossing it up into the air while you wait for your teammates to join you.

Yuki walks in, Momo and Rei behind her. "Ok, Y/n, the second and first years are still getting ready. They'll be out soon. Where's coach?"

You look around, not spotting your coach. "I dunno. She should be here soon, though."

Soon, the other members of the team come into the gym. You all start out with serving practice while waiting for your coach to show up. After about 30 minutes, she arrives and starts instructing you on how to practice for the afternoon.