3

You sigh, walking home with the boy beside you. "You really didn't need to walk me home, Oikawa."

Oikawa shrugs, still smiling. "I wasn't about to let a girl walk home all by herself at this hour. Who knows what might happen to the key player of the Aoba Johsai girls' volleyball team if she stayed by herself at 9 at night. I was just helping out a fellow setter."

You glance over at him. "I see. Thank you for being so kind as to look out for me. You really didn't need to, though."

He smiles at you. "Yes, I did. You didn't even call your parents. What if they're worried about you?"

You look away from him. "No. Dead people can't worry about living people."

His eyes widened. "Oh, I'm so sorry."

You shake your head. "Don't worry about it, you didn't know. It happened when I was younger, my dad died in an accident on his way home from work and my mother got sick and died the year after my father passed. I live with my aunt at the moment."

Oikawa sighs, looking at the ground. "I'm sorry to hear about that. But, doesn't your aunt get worried when you don't come home until nearly 10 at night?"

"Not really. She actually gets surprised when I come home before 9. I usually stay out really late every night. I don't really like doing much, but I love volleyball and she knows that. She's ok with me staying out late, since she knows I practice volleyball for a long time."

Oikawa nods. "That makes sense. Wait, when was the last time you ate, Y/n-chan?"

"At lunch. Why?"

He frowns. "You need to eat. Let's stop at a convenience store and get something to hold you over until you get home."

You let out a sigh. "Fine. It's not like you'll listen to me if I say no."

"You learned about me fast, for someone who didn't know who I was."

"I heard about you, I've just never seen you around before. Now I have a face and personality to a name."

He chuckles. "Is that a good thing?"

"Well, it's not a bad thing."

Oikawa sighs, putting his hands behind his head. "You know, I heard about you quite often. Lots of people at school talk about you. Tonight, I just wanted to check you out. See what all that talk was about."

You raise a brow at him. "Check me out?"

He looks away, and embarrassed smile on his face. "I didn't mean it like that. I'm just saying I wanted to see you, see why so many people talk about you."

You hum. "People only talk about me because I'm the top setter in the girls' division. I mean, I've also heard about you."

"Did you ever want to meet me? See what kind of person I am?"

"No really."

The brunette frowns. "Come on, Y/n-chan! Something about me must fascinate you."

You shrug. "I mean, your personality wasn't what I as expecting. I thought you'd be more serious and kind of scary. To think, the Oikawa Toru is just a childish person."

He pouts. "I'm not childish!"

You look over at him. "You kind of are. Anyways, we're close to my house. You can go home now."

"Huh? You actually live kinda close to me. And, I'm not leaving you until I see you safely get into your house."

You shake your head. "You're a pain. We barely even know each other. Why would you walk me all the way to my home?"

Oikawa looks at you thoughtfully. "Maybe I'm just nicer than you realize."

"Or maybe, you're using some of your playboy techniques on me."

"I would never! Setters gotta stick together! We understand each other through volleyball better than others realize."

"That so?" You thought he was full of shit.

He smiles at you. "Of course! As a fellow setter, I wasn't about to leave you by yourself after dark."

You look at your house, picking up your pace. "I see. That's kind of you, but you really don't need to do that."

Oikawa kept up with you, not straying far from your side. "You know, I'm doing so much for you. Where's the hospitality?"

You freeze in front of your door. "You want to come in with me?"

"Well, since you're offering, I can't exactly say no now."

You sigh, opening your door. "Fine. Eat here for all I care. Just, don't talk."

Your aunt walks into the room, seeing you finally get home. "You're back, yet don't say a word to me? And who's your friend? You never bring anyone else home."

You groan. "I knew this was going to happen. He's just someone I met after practice, he insisted on walking me home. He's on the boys' volleyball team."

Oikawa flashed a charming smile at your aunt. "Oikawa Toru. Nice to meet you."

Your aunt nods. "Nice to meet you, too. Come on in, dinner's ready. You two should eat since you've already finished up your practices."

The brunette setter gladly walks farther into your house, following your aunt. "I appreciate it. Thank you for allowing me to stay for dinner."

Your aunt shrugs. "Y/n doesn't bring anyone over ever. It's nice to see her actually get close enough to people and bring them home. She never gets close enough to speak about personal things, let alone even think to bring anyone here. The fact that you're here means my antisocial niece has finally opened up to someone else. You're always welcome here."

You sigh, holding your head in your hand. "This is gonna be a long night."