Nine

Valentina's POV

After last night, I decided to go home fairly quickly after I had noticed Collette had left.

For some reason I was mad at Vivian. I didn't even have a valid reason to be mad at her.

On Friday, I came home to Zara sitting on my couch like before.

It was a sense of familiarity but it made me pissed off. I hated seeing her, I hated that she still had a key to my house, I hate that placed her shoes by the door, I just think I had started hating her more ever since I found out.

Zara and I were engaged for seven months, before she cheated on me. Everyone had told me that I was lucky that I got Zara to change and get rid of her old habits. But I hadn't.

As far as I'm concerned, Zara had a whole other relationship on the side with someone named Leah. I don't even know her.

But the name in Zara's phone and explicit texts and photos said otherwise. They had shared anniversary's and exchanged gifts and all. The person I was willing to call my wife for the rest of my life was having a whole affair on the side.

I walked in and told her to just start talking and she went in with a bunch of bullshit.

"It never meant to get that far. It's just after the break we had made me lonely and I missed you but you said you never wanted to see me. Leah was there."

"It was two months Zara. I told you specifically we should spend some time apart as a BREAK I never mentioned a breakup." I raised my voice at her.

"How was I supposed to keep up huh? You did the want to see me while I was mourning what our relationship could've been." She shouted back.

"Because you were fucking suffocating me. You wanted me to walk away from my business, walk away from everything because you wanted me to trail after you to every corner of the fucking earth and basically be you. I didn't want that. It was suffocating." I shouted startling not only her but also my poor dog Artemis.

I opened the back door so he could go outside in peace away from the shouting.

"Isn't that what's a marriage is? To support each other no matter what?"

"Don't pull that bullshit with me. You know I supported you in every way. But it's also about compromise. I was willing to be there for when I can, I have a life too."

"Valentina, you know I love you  and I never meant for it get that deep, but once it happened I just couldn't walk away."

"Do you love her?" I questioned as I gripped the couch separating us trying to relieve my anger. 

"That's unfair Val—"

"Get out." I said calmly but firmly.

"Come on Val—"

"Get the fuck out of my house."

"Valentina this is —"

"Get out. Now Zara." I shouted as I threw a vase at her from behind me. Luckily it missed her but I ended up breaking my tv instead.