Seventy-three

"Where to first darling?" She asked as she took my hand. While holding Artemis's leash in her other hand.

I didn't have to worry about anyone from school seeing us because it's four o'clock on a Friday and honestly, I'm sure everyone has better plans than to come to a farmers market. And it's a little out of town.

I took her hand and leaned into her touch. "Fruits. I really want fresh fruits." I said softly.

"Alright, let's go."

We started walking towards the fresh fruits parts of the farmers market. There were so many stands.

"Sorry." I looked down and saw a really tiny child.

He couldn't have been more than three years old. He was wearing a blue coat, a pair of black pants and a pair boots. Bright blonde hair and burning blue eyes. He was holding a dinosaur in his little hands.

He knocked into Valentina's leg at full force, but instead of crying when he fell down, he got up and dusted Vals leg.

"That's okay, where are you running too?" She let go of my hand and bent down to his level.

"I lost my sister." He said softly.

He was so cute. My heart melted.

"What does she look like?" Val asked.

He started naming all the things about her. She was a red head with green eyes and tall.

Val agreed to help him find her.

"Grab some fruits my love, I'll be back okay." She placed a soft kiss to my lips before grabbing the little boys hand and they walked off together.

I smiled as she walked away. I walked for a bit until I saw the stand where I got the strawberries the first time I was here.

I walked right up and looked at the array of fruit that were available.

"Hello." I said to the woman behind the stand.

"Oh hello dear." She turned around. "What can I get you." She asked.

"Strawberries—"

"I'm sorry, do I know you dear. You look faintly familiar." She asked looking at me with remembering eyes.

I remember her. Her name was carol I think, and if it wasn't for the chocolate covered strawberries she gave me, I probably wouldn't have said I love you to Valentina when I did.

"I was here a long while ago." I said to her.

"Oh yes. The lovely couple, I remember you. What can I get you dear?" She asked and a smile spread widely across her face.

I started naming an array of fruits I'd like, strawberries, blue berries, mulberries, raspberries, cantaloupe, and cut up melon for Val.

The woman started packing everything into little boxes for me. I watched in anticipation for the boxes. Mainly because I was impatient for the strawberries.

"Sorry I took a while." Val said as she came up to me.

"It's okay. I got you some melon." I said to her. Her arm wrapped around my waist and I leaned into her touch.

"You didn't have to."

"I wanted to." I kissed her cheek.

She placed a kiss to the top of my head.

"Here we are." She handed me a small carry box full of fruits and I took to excitedly.

"Thank you." I said to her.