1st CHAPTER

I woke up to a ray of sun that was going straight into my eye from the outside. It was a breathtaking view from my window that i woke up to everyday. My mother and I lived in a small house in a small town, I would sometimes feel as if that view gave me the strenght for the day that the higher power has prepared for me...

"Breakfast is ready!", my mother called me from the kitchen.

"Coming!", I said in a tired voice.

My mothers name was Meredith and I was her biggest blessing, she would do anything for me and I would do anything for her. She didn't deserve what happened to her and i promised to myself I would never forgive my father for what he had done to us. He left me and her when I was born, I didn't knew anything about him and didn't want to know. Right after my mother called me I heard a sound from my laptop, it was old, but good enough for me to do my schoolwork on it. It took me a moment to realise it could be a message from the university in which I will find out if I had gotten into my dream school. I was preparing my whole life for this moment. It was almost like a life or death situation. My hands were shaking from the fear of me not getting in, or even worse, not being able to give my mother and me a better life that we deserve. I pressed on the message to see the results...

"What are you doing?!", my mother asked after realising I was taking too long.

"I-I g-got in...", I said stuttering, still in shock.

"What are you talking about?", she asked in a confused voice.

"I g-got into my dream university...", I said still unaware of what happened.

"Oh my lord...", she replied shocked.

"I GOT IN!", I said to her after a moment of being in pure shock.

"I'm so proud of you!", my mother said to me proudly.

I instantly ran into my mothers arms and hugged her tightly. Tears of happines started rolling down my face, I knew this was the start, the start of a better life for both my mother and me, this was just the start of a new chapter in our lives, finally I knew all my hard work has payed off. It was almost like a heavy rock that has only gotten bigger and bigger over the years fell off my chest. I could see the happines in my mothers eyes, as if she was pleased by the fact I won't have to live a life she did. I was proud of myself, but also scared... Just the thought of leaving my mother in a different country gave me chills, but I knew it was for the best and one day we'll hopefully be together again.

The first thing I did after eating my breakfast was I started packing my bags. I saved every penny I had ever gotten just to buy the ticket for this day. My mother and I then took the first train that drove to the airport since we didn't own a car, every morning I'd take my old bike to go to school. The moment we got to the airport I immediatey noticed my mother trying hard to hold back her tears. I hugged her tight and then she said to me:

"Don't forget to send text when u get there!", my mother said fighting tears.

"I wont!", I said hugging her even tighter then before.

"I-I love you.", she said.

"I love you more!", I said to her, giving her a soft kiss on her cheek.

It wasn't easy, having to leave my mother who spended her entire life trying to give me the best life she could, I promised to myself I would never forgive my father for leaving me and my mother behind. Tear after tear started rolling down my face as I said my last goodbyes to my mother.

"Make sure to thank Nancy for letting you stay at hers!", my mother said.

Nancy was my childhood best friend, I didn't see her often in person, but we send each other texts from our laptops. She would update me on her life and I would her on mine, even though I didn't have much to say, we still loved talking to each other!
My mother and me couldn't thank her more for letting me stay at her place. Even tho she was my best friend, she was also in a way my only friend... People at school didn't talk to me and when they asked me to do something fun with them, I was at my home, studying. If I wanted to achive my goals of giving my mother and myself a better life, I had to give my everything. Nancy was the complete opposite of me, she went out every night and barely studied. She lived in a huge villa, in fact she had a few of them, one for the summer at the beach, one at the mountains, one in NY, LA and so on. Some people would be supprised by how a girl like her would hang out with a complete opposite so called nerd like me, sometimes I ask myself that to, but I knew she wasn't like the people in school, she was kind and cared about my personality, not my looks!

"Oh I will mom!", I said smilling to her, but my smile faded away as it was my turn to board the plane.

The one thing which gave me the streinght to go throught all this was the fact that nothing will be the same as it was before, it will only go better from here and all my hard work will finally be payed off, now that I know I didn't waste all those days of studying instead of playing outside and hanging out with my so called friends from school, or that was atleast what i thought...

|THE END OF 1ST CHAPTER|

Before I hop onto the next chapter, I want to thank everybody for reading my book, even though I only finished the first chapter. Thank you all for all of the support and if u want to find out if Aubrey's life really only gets better from here, you'll have to finish reading my first book ever called "Aubrey", you are always welcome to leave a comment about what you thought on my book and lastly hope you all have a good time reading my book.