14th CHAPTER

After my mother left, Ace, Nancy and I left the hospital. Nancy took us to her new apartment and it everything seemed to get better.

"Thank you Nancy so much!", I thanked to her once again..

"Like I said, it's nothing!", she said, "And Ace, I hope you don't mind living with two girls.".

"I mean, it's better then living on the streets...", he said, smirking.

After a few days, we got used to living together. It was actually pretty nice.

One night, Nancy got invited to a party at one of her "rich friends" house.

"I'm leaving now! Won't be there too long!", she said and left.

It was only Ace and me now. I was sitting at the couch when all of a sudden Ace sat next to me and asked.

"So what do we do now?".

"Maybe we could netflix and chill?", I asked while smiling at him.

"Sound good!", Ace said and made some popcorn while I choose what film we were going to watch.

I couldn't stop laughing while watching the film. I had a great time with Ace.

"You really enjoy this film, don't you?", Ace asked while smirking at me.

"Yes, I do...", I answeared.

It happened again. All of a sudden, I found myself getting lost in his eyes once again. This time I felt something I never did before, it was almost as if my stomach kept doing circles. Our faces started to get close to eachothers, but then Nancy walked in.

"Am I interupting?".

"N-Nancy, of course not, w-we were just watching some netflix, do you want to join us?", I asked her in panic.

"Nah, I'm going to shower, I'll let you guys finish this movie.", she said blinking at me.

"We continued watching the movie, suddenly I got tired and fell asleep in no time.

The next morning, it took me some time to realise, but I found myself laying in Ace's lap! He was sleeping aswell and I was in shock. How did this happen?!

When I looked up, all I could see was him sleeping... I wanted to get up, but I didn't want to wake him up either. It felt nice, feeling his hand around me while I was just there laying on his lap.

After some time I got up, managing to not wake him up. I immediatelly went to my Nancy's room to talk to her.

"I see you and Ace had a nice night yesterday...", she teased me.

"What are you talking about!", I replied.

"Girl?! I saw how you were looking at him yesterday and don't get me started on how when I walked into the living room, I saw you sleeping on his lap?!?!".

"I-I just fell asleep on accident!", I said.

"Mhm...", she replied, "Well, I'm going out now!".

"Again!?", I asked.

"Yes, if you want to come you can.".

"I'm fine in here.", I said.

"Fine, I'll be back soon, just need to get a few things.", she said.

"See ya!".

Ace was still sleeping in the living room, while I decided to make some coffee, after some time Ace woke up.

"Good morning princess!", I teased him, "Come I made some coffee.".

"Thanks!", he said, "Where's Nancy?".

"She just went to get a few things, should be back soon.", I asweared in a soft voice.

"So it's just us again...".

"I guess...", I said

After that, we talked. He told me some stuff about him and I told him about me.

Over the last few days, we got pretty close. I didn't know why, but, ever since he held the eye contact at the ambulance car, I felt butterflyes in my stomach every time I was with Ace. I thought it was nothing and that I was just imagining stuff and tried to ignore it.

After about an hour or two, Nancy came back, but she had some big news with her.

"You guys won't belive what just happened!", she said exitedly.

"What do you mean?", I asked.

"My dad just called me, he said the news reporter wants to give Aubrey an interview!", she replied.

"B-but why me, I wasn't the only one who got kidnapped?", I was confused.

"I guess you were the one who has been throught the worst, but isn't this exiting?!", she said.

"I don't know Nancy, you know I'm notthe best at talking to a lot of people...", I answeared.

"C'mon it'll be fun!", she begged.

"Fine...", I said.

"Are you sure Aubrey?", Ace asked me.

"I guess...", I answeared.

I was stressed out, whenever I had to talk to a big group of people, I would always get dizzy, I was never good at it. Especially since this was AN INTERVIEW which would be on the TV itself.

The next day Nancy, Ace and I went to the news reporters studio to film the interview.

Ace noticed I got pale in the face and was shaking like crazy, so he asked...

"Are you okay?".

"L-let's just get over this.", I replied...

When we got in, the workers did my makeup and hair ready for the interview.

|THE END OF THIS CHAPTER|