13th CHAPTER

After a lot of running, Nancy, Ace and I managed to get to the police, which was waitting for us outside of the forest, together with the ambulance.

The ambulance immediately took care of Nancy's leg, my bruises and Ace's.

I noticed Ace sitting next to the ambulance and I decided to sit next to him...

"Thanks for helping me, I mean, if there wasn't for you, both Nancy and I would probably still be there...", I said while smirking at him.

"I see the doctors took care of your face, how is Nancy's leg?", he asked.

"Oh she's okay now, but what about you?", I asked Ace.

"I guess I'm okay now.", he said in a calm voice, smirking back at me.

All of a sudden, I found myself holding an eye contact with him. It was almost like I got lost in his hooded, cold looking green eyes and couldn't find a way out of it.

After what seemed like an eternety, the police came. The eye contact instantly stopped when I heard a voice saying:

"This is not over! I'm going to get you Aubrey and END YOU!", he said.

It was Dyson, threatening me. I immediately got up and spit in his face saying...

"I hope you get treated even worse then you treated me, i hope you BURN. IN. HELL! You're an ugly coward who doesn't care about anyone, but themselves, not even their own daughter.", I said to him.

The police then took Dyson to the station. It felt nice, taking all of the emotions I have been holding in for years in my chest, even though, I didn't say the half of the things I wanted to.

"Feels good, huh?", Ace asked me.

"Tell me about it.", I replied.

I was super tired after everything that has happened, so i went to the back of the ambulance car in which the doctor was still checking Nancy's leg and sat there.

After some time, Ace came to join me

After some time, Ace came to join me. I was looking at the view of the sun setting, it felt so nice to finally see the sunset after such a long period of time.

"It's beautifull, I missed the sunset so much...", I said to Ace.

"Yes it is...", he replied while looking at me without me noticing.

All of a sudden, my eyes started to close and I found my head leaning on Ace's shoulder and fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up in a hospital. I noticed Ace sleeping on a chair, next to my bed.

He looked so innocent and like a pure soul while sleeping. A few moments after me, he also woke up.

"W-why am I here, d-did something happen to me?", I asked while still being half asleep.

"The doctor decided to do a few check ups, but you seem to be just fine.", he answeared.

"Well that's thanks to you, if there wasn't for you, I probably wouldn't last much longer in there.", I said to him, "Where is Nancy?".

"Rise and shine princess!", Nancy said while leaning against the rooms doorframe.

"How's your leg doing?", I asked her.

"The doctor said I'll be fine in a day or two.", she asweared, "Listen... I was thinking about it and if you still wanna live with me until you find your own place you're free to come.".

"Are you sure? After everything that has happened you still want me to be close to you?", I asked in shock.

"Oh please! Dyson is in prison and I supose he is going to be there for a looong time!", she continued.

At first, I wasn't sure. It was really risky, if Dyson was to come sooner then we thought, he knew where Nancy lived.

"I don't know Nancy, Dyson knows where you live, if he gets out sooner then we think he'll know wherr to go!", I said.

"Don't worry about that, my dad has already rented me an apartment for us!", she replied hapily.

"T-that's great Nancy! You're the best!", I said to her and got out of the bed to give her a hug.

After a minute, we both noticed Ace standing akwardly in the corner. Nancy and I gave eachother the look and then she said.

"You know, maybe I could make an exception and let one more person to stay...", she said while smirking at me.

"Are you sure?", I said smirking back at her.

"What are you two talking about?!?", Ace asked us being confused.

"I was thinking, since without you, we would most likely already be, you know, dead, to thank you, maybe you could stay with us until you find your own place?", she said to Ace.

"O-oh, there's really no need for that...", he replied.

"I insist!", Nancy replied.

"Fine, but only until I find my own place to stay in.".

"Yea sure buddy...", she teased him.

After we were done talking, I suddenly heard a voice I missed so much. I found myself getting chills and tears forming in my eyes...

"A-Aubrey?!", the voice said.

I tuned around and was in shock when I saw who it was.

"M-mom...", I asked.

"Oh Aubrey!", she said and ran to hug me.

"Oh I missed you s-so much, I thought I would never see you again!", I said while bursting into tears.

"Oh it's my fault! If only I told you more about Dys-", I inturapted her.

"Do not say his name and don't say it's your fault, please!", I said back.

"Okay then, I was so worried!", she said.

"Good to see you aunt Meredith!", Nancy said to my mom.

"Thank you so much Nancy, I overheard you'll let Aubrey stay at your place?", she asked softly.

"That is right!", she asweared.

"And who is this young man over here?", my mother asked.

"O-oh that's Ace, if there wasn't for him, Nancy and I probably wouldn't be here right now...", I replied.

Unexpectedly, my mother then softly hugged him saying:

"Thank you so much!

"Pff, it was nothing...", Ace said teasingly.

"Nancy, will you please give me the adress of your new home, just in case something happens?", she asked her.

"Of course!".

Nancy then gave my mother the new adress and after she wrote it down, my mother wispered something in my ear...

"He's cute!", she said blinking at me.

"Oh please!", I said back.

"Well, I'll let you rest now, please call me when you need something!", she said and then left.

"I will!", I replied, smiling at her.

|THE END OF THIS CHAPTER|