3rd CHAPTER

At about 10pm, Nancy and me got to her friends house, little did I know, my biggest nightmare was about to start. The moment we stepped a foot into the house at least 5 people came to Nancy to greet her. There were atleast 50 people at the party. I noticed everyone suddenly looking at me, wondering "who is this?", it was noticable just by their looks that they were not pleased by my presentance. Nancy noticed everybody wondering who I am, so she grabbed my hand and introduced me to everyone...

"Everyone, this is Aubrey!", she said in a high pitched voice.

It was obvious that some people were judging me, I didn't care, I didn't even know any of these people!

"H-hello everyone...", I said in a shy voice.

Nancy immediately went to the dance floor while I just went to get a drink. I never understood how Nancy always had so much energy. I knew if I wanted to succeed in school so my mother and I could live a better life, I wasn't going to be able to go to parties. Nancy noticed me just standing at the bar and came up to me.

"Why aren't you dancing?", she asked me.

As much as I never understood how she could live such wild life, she never understood how I couldn't.

"O-oh I'm good here, I'm not really a dance type of person...", I said.

I didn't want to hurt her feelings, but she knew me too well and asked:

"You're not having a good time, aren't you?", she asked.

"Don't worry about me!", I said.

"There is a library not far away from here, if you want to go.", she said with a smirk.

My smile slowly came back as I heard the word "library" and immediately hugged Nancy again and whispered in her ear:

"You know me to well!", I said.

"Call me when you want to go home!", Nancy said and went back to the dance floor.

I immediately ran out of the party, pleased since I don't have to be there anymore. I saw this as an opportunuty to start studying. Library was always my favorite place, I felt like with every book I read, I entered a different world or different fantasy and I LOVED IT!

I decided to walk there since the library was only a few minutes away. The moment I got there I knew I was happy. There were more books than in any other library I've ever been to. Once again I entered my own fantasy.

After about 3 hours of studying and reading I receved a message on my old phone

"The party is over you can come outside now.", the text from Nancy said.

Once I receved her message my smile slowly started to fade away, I wanted to stay, I didn't want this fantasy to end, but everything has it's end. I said my last goodbyes to all of the beautiful books filled with plenty od unique and different stories, each fascinating in it's own way.

Before I went outside I had to go to the bathroom. I was washing my hands when I suddenly felt a cold palm on my shoulder, I turned around and suddenly everything went black...

| THE END OF THIS CHAPTER |

I am aware this chapter in a little shorter than the others, i promise you the next chapter will be longer. I wanted to thank everybody that is reading my book, keep in mind this is my first time writting a book on my own so please bare with me.