(17.) - Void Lord Strikes Again.

Upon seeing Flin, I immediately took a defensive position, preparing for whatever the Void Lord may think to do in this moment. For a couple of moments, me and Flin kept our gazes locked with one another, not moving a muscle.
There was just a single question on my mind - What the hell was he doing here?!

Or more specifically, what the hell did he want with me?!
Sure, I already was aware of the Hand Sons involvement in that illegal trade of goods that was happening in the Black Market, as well as their involvement in whatever experiments were being run down there, but I didn't think that I would be forced to face off against against one of their leaders yet again.

Especially one who I've fought before.
Flin smirked, before chuckling.

[Flin]:
"Why so silent? It's been so long since we last met and yet you don't even give me a formal greeting?"

I scuffed, tightening my grip on the Venomous Scythe in my hands.

"Why in the name of hell would I ever bother being formal with you? Especially when it comes with greeting you?"

I snapped back at him, with a very annoyed and serious tone. Flin laughed lightly, before placing his left hand onto his face.

[Flin]:
"Ahahaha... My apologies for assuming that you'd greet me then. I do suppose that I shouldn't exactly treat you as an old friend - after all..."

He sharpened his gaze.

[Flin]:
"We are here to fight and only fight - ain't that right, Slayer of the Cursed Paladin?"

He asked, his tone sounding a bit mocking at the end. So he knows that I was the one who killed Olhade huh... Must have been the one who escaped us that told him. What was his name again...?
I can't remember.
And you know what? — It doesn't matter either.

I gripped my scythe even tighter, before preparing to charge at Flin. The Void Lord seemingly noticed this body gesture and simply exhaled, before sighing.

[Flin]:
"Alright, I'll stop wasting time."

He then formed a mask in his hands, one with two halves of a face - one half was happy while the other was sad, mimicking the famous rendition of the theatre drama masks that I knew from my old world.
Only.... If they were just two halves of one mask. Flin then proceeded to put the mask on, before pulling off the jacket on his shoulders, revealing an outfit which I hadn't seen last time I faced him.

The outfit resembled that of an office worker attire, with suspenders holding up his trousers. The rest of the outfit was pretty expectable - dark purple gloves, rolled up sleeves, grey shirt with little black swirls all over it and black trousers with black boots.

[Flin]:
"Allow me to test my newly acquired strength against you."

He stated, before launching at me. I scuffed, before taking one step back and then using 'Limitless Acceleration' to launch at Flin as well, my scythe and his right fist colliding and creating a powerful wind force which came from the collision point.

We held this position for a bit, before beginning to exchange blows - with my scythe clashing against his fists, creating small sparkles that flew off our strikes every time our attacks collided.

I kept this up for a bit, before deciding to change things up, as I infused a bit of 'Black Hell-Storm' into the scythe and launched the Void Lord back with a powerful explosion, which he seemingly managed to mostly block, using his arms which he had crossed.
Flin gasped lightly at this move, however his body did not look even scratched. I scuffed a bit, before dashing in and beginning to throw an attack after an attack, with Flin beginning to dodge all my attacks as much as he could.