(37). - On Trail of the Demon & Confrontation.

I quickly slithered towards the sounds of the screams, using 'Limitless Acceleration' to reach it as fast as possible. The screams got louder and louder as I got closer to them, before eventually beginning to fade - which caused me to panic slightly.

'Hell no! Don't you dare disappear on me!'

I shouted in my mind, before leaping into the air - propelling myself with my own body, before shifting into my human form and landing on my feet, sliding to the side slightly with my coat flapping in the non-existent wind.

And luckily, I managed to catch a look at the situation - a massive darkness, with a pale, bluish grey face inside it, staring at me with two white dots for pupils or eyes. I immediately scuffed - however was screaming has clearly already been 'claimed' by this thing.
So no other options.

I quickly forged the White Flame Bo-Staff, before using Limitless Acceleration to dash at the darkness, before jamming the bo-staff into it. However - to my shock, the staff did absolutely nothing to the darkness, as it simply chuckled with an unsettling grin.

I panicked and let go of the bo-staff, jumping back, as the creature devoured the staff and absorbed the magical energy it had been made from.

| Master, I detect High Density 'Diltering' from the thing. I do suggest to be careful. |

Diltering? You know what, I'll ask about it later-
Right now, I should focus on dealing with this thing.

I quickly used 'Dupe' - creating 2 replicas of myself, before all three of mes dashed in towards the being in the darkness. The pale face didn't do anything in return at first, before eventually firing out multiple pale blue-grey appendages from the darkness towards me and my duplicates.
I easily managed to dodge each appendage coming my way, however the two replicas I made were destroyed basically in an instant.

'Much help those were...'

I thought, before using 'Limitless Acceleration' to get right up close to the thing and immediately engulfing my right fist with white flames, before punching the face in the darkness. However, like before with the bo-staff, my punch did absolutely NOTHING. It felt like I was punching a wall as a child. I panicked again, quickly sliding into the shadows with 'Shadow Manipulation' before the thing managed to attack me back.

Back to the start I was - once again with a great distance between me and the thing.

'What the hell is this thing made of?!'

I thought, shedding a sweat. Not good... Looks like 'White Flame Control' ain't going to be very helpful in this fight... What do I do?
Maybe 'Holy One'...

Before I could continue launching my attacks, a voice called out to me from where I had come from in the first place. Looking over to the side, I saw none other than Annabele ontop of Lobosherd, rushing towards me.

<Annabele>;
"Mr.Shin! Please, don't do this by yourself!"

She shouted, as Lobosherd leaped in next to me, on my left side. The face within the darkness immediately lost its grin as soon as it saw Lobosherd and Annabelle arrive. Then, it began to fade, with the darkness also disappearing.

| It's making an escape! Do not let it—! |

Say less buddy!
I immediately activated my 'Limitless Acceleration' skill and dashed in towards the darkness with unreal speed, before preparing a punch with my left fist - this time engulfing the fist with pure light, generated by my 'Holy One' skill.