(33). - Phantom of The 4th Floor {II}.

'Phantom of The 4th Floor'? That's certainly.... Quite a hint as to what it is. And also may be a massive clue as to what happened on the fourth floor for it to be closed down and all lessons being cancelled on it. After reading the title, I continued to read further on - which was mostly the supposed 'legend' that was being shared around the academy about this myth.

It went something like this....

Long ago, when the academy was finished construction and opened up to the public, the fourth floor became part of several murder cases. Around 9 students were found killed on the fourth floor, more specifically, on the staircase leading onto the fourth floor.

The 9 students in question, were all murdered in a gruesome way - their heads bashed against the staircase until it broke.

For weeks, the culprit wasn't caught - and it seemed like that it wouldn't be caught at all.

...Until - something was discovered.
One night, only 13 Weeks after the Academy had finished, a loud scream was heard on the fourth floor, causing the staff to rush to it to investigate.

On it, they found the mutilated corpse of a student - a boy with black hair, who had been violently ripped to shreds. Upon discovering this corpse, they heard a eerie lullaby, which sounded like a distorted female students voice and the language - like a chant.

After this discovery, the fourth floor was closed down for over 6 months, as the Holy Night Order investigated what had happened on that floor that night, however, nothing was discovered.

Shortly after the investigation had been closed and called 'unsolvable' - the fourth floor reopened for students to learn on.

However, this was not the end of the story...
Many students say, that if you walk around on the fourth floor at night, all alone, then you may and still can hear a lullaby - the same one the staff had heard when they discovered the mutilated corpse of the black haired boy.

But, be wary, as it is said that those who hear the lullaby, are ones who then vanish.
Never to see the light of day, ever again.

The legend finished, with around 3 pages of it, before going on further to explain some of the things to be wary of while on the fourth floor at night and what not. However, that wasn't very important in my opinion, as most of the important stuff was already said in the legend itself.

Speaking of the legend itself...
It definitely sounds absurd, but at the same time - it sounds plausible. And by that I mean that it sounds like it COULD be possible in this world.

I placed the book down onto the bed and crossed my arms, thinking for a minute. I didn't have enough actual information of what happened on the fourth floor this time around in order to draw any concrete conclusions or even to relate this event to the one described in the legend, however...

The simple fact, that the fourth floor had been closed down already once before - and for six months no less - definitely made the connection somewhat plausible and sort of likely. I mean, wasn't it suspicious how the fourth floor had been closed once before because of a murder case that then was called unsolvable, and now, the same floor is closed down again and everyone is advised to avoid it as much as possible??

Am I the only one getting suspicious here??

| You most definitely are not the only one. |