(32.) - Phantom of The 4th Floor.

The Next Morning...

      For an unknown reason, the classes in the fourth floor had been cancelled today. Apparently the headmaster had also advised everyone to stay clear of the fourth floor in the academy and if possible, use the Teleportation rings to get to the higher floors for their classes.
That also means that students had overall shorter lessons today - or well, at least some of them did. Not all classes had shorter lessons, but most did.

However, nothing had basically changed for me since I taught ny classes on the fifth floor, not the fourth one. Buut not like that matters either, since I don't have any lectures to run today.
So I am able to just relax inside the classroom... For the most part. I still had some documents to take care of surrounding the transfer of the Heroes Party to this academy, since they had previously apparently learned at the 'Holy Church Three-Cross Academy' which was located in the Holy Capital.

The documents were mostly just me signing that I agree to protect the Heroes party, oversee their progress, ensure their stable education in the matter of the Dark Magic and Sorcery and other subjects, etc.
Boring shit that literally no one else would care about. Just a bunch of responsibilities piled ontop of me for no reason.

Honestly...
And if that wasn't bad enough - I had to read through a whole fucking manual that gave me the FULL RULES of how to teach and interact with the heroes, almost like they were some sort of alien technology that needed instructions.

It honestly made me get a pretty bad image of the Holy Church.

I already had a bad image of them, don't get me wrong - but this whole deal of these rules and their almost object like view on the heroes, definitely made me think even lower of them.

What a bunch of miserable assholes....

I let out a heavy exhale, dropping my head onto the desk and freaking Odale out a bit as he jumped slightly from my sudden drop.

"That's it... I quit - this is tedious."

| That is not an option Master - we're unable to quit without fulfilling our task that the Baron had entrusted us with. |

.....Y'know, sometimes I wish you would just remain quiet and not say anything...

| Is it because I am always delivering the harsh reality truth? |

.....Yes.
Exactly that.

I exhaled again, picking up my head and then resting it on my arms, which I plopped onto the desk as well. I had expected this day to be more boring than the other days, but I had NOT expected it to be this miserably boring.
I feel like a fucking husk.

Or even a ghost or something.... I basically feel empty today, especially while dealing with piles of documents that were related to the Heroes party coming under my supervision.

I rested on the desk for a couple of moments, before a knock on the class door caught my attention. Almost immediately, I jumped back up - fixed my hair and brushed off my clothes, before picking up the quill up to continue signing.

"Come on in."

I stated loudly.
A moment later, the door opened, as Diamond stepped inside, a shy expression on her face.

<Diamond>;
"U-Uhm... Teacher? Can I talk to you about something...?"

She wants to.... Talk to me about something? Well that's not something you see everyday. Diamond is usually a very quiet and even distant girl - she rarely ever speaks out loud about anything else that wasn't studies, so her coming here and requesting to talk was a surprise.