(34). - Encounter.

The Next Morning...

       I was sitting in the classroom and simply going through some papers, while the class of misfits plus heroes  were writing away at a written test I had prepared for them about Dark Magic Basics. It had been a couple of hours since Odale left to investigate the fourth floor and what was happening on it and while I didn't expect him to return with a report right away it was strange that he had not tried reaching out to me via the telepathy.

I would imagine that he would have done so by now, simply because he is my subordinate. When drawing comparisons to the stories I used to read and how they handled subordinates, most of the time, subordinates could fall into one of two things;
The Normal one and the Overly serious one.

Not going to explain what that whole spheal is, but that's the general idea I have gotten about subordinates over time, from simply reading stories.

'... I'll wait till the evening before worrying. Until then, I shouldn't worry about that.'

I thought before exhaling. It was far too early to draw any conclusions about what had happened and whether Odale had ran into trouble or not, so I was best just not worrying about it too much at this moment and simply waiting till the evening to see if he gets back to me.

If he doesn't...
Then I'll act.

       The class continued on for a little while, with the students eventually finishing their tests and handing them in one by one. Something I have noticed, is that the heroes party..... Isn't the best at academics. When looking at how well they perform during class and on some minor tests I've given them, they almost always fell back compared to the 'misfit' class. Which....
I suppose was fair and understandable.

After all, the heroes were from a different world, the world I came from to this world. So it's understandable that they would lack behind when it came to academics surrounding the elements and what not of this world, as they haven't had that early life teaching like the other students who were from this world.

Anyway, after I received all the minor tests, I put them off to the side before getting up from my seat and walking to the front of the class before clearing my throat.

"Alright, I suppose we should begin our next topic to learn about in Dark Magic and Sorcery."

I stated, before beginning the next lecture and beginning to move onto the topic to teach them this time.

The lecture lasted around 2 hours or so, with two breaks in it. We managed to get all the way to 'Advanced Protection of Curses' which was quite fucking far. I mean - the topic of curses in itself was already almost a 4th of the way to finish all I am technically allowed and 'qualified' to teach.

The students left, leaving me all alone in the class, as the lectures for today that I had to host had ended. I dropped into the teachers chair and let out a heavy sigh.
Man, teaching is tiring...

| Master, shouldn't you be attempting to re-establish a telepathic link with Odale again? It would be a wise move. |

...True, it was very strange and almost suspicious on how he simply left and the connection between us suddenly got 'cut'. It's almost as if he had vanished completely off the face of the earth.

Which should be impossible since I don't think there is anything in this world that is able to severe the connection between me and my subordinates. After a couple of more moments of simply sitting around and not doing anything, I got up from my seat, before walking over to the classes door and placing my left hand onto the handle lightly, before stopping. I remained still for a bit.