Her.

" How about her?" I pointed to one of the bookworms sitting in the front seats.

"Danielle, the point is to bother her," I said seriously, "Not to amuse her."

"And how do you know that whoever you choose will play along?" she asked.

"You'll see..." I replied confidently, "No one in their right mind would reject a date with Kang Haerin."

"Her?" she asked, pointing with her eyes to one of the American football team members.

"I don't know... maybe yes," I turned towards the door and changed my mind, "Why not her?" I said as I continued to gaze at a girl, who to be honest, I had never paid attention to before.

"Her?" she asked incredulously.

"Yes... she's the complete opposite of Eunchae," tight black jeans, a basic white t-shirt, black leather jacket. "Who is she?" I asked as I had never paid attention to her before and she was quite attractive.

"Forget it... she won't give you the time of day, not in a million years," she replied with a smile.

"Danielle, no one rejects..."

"She does... as you can see, she doesn't like 'flowers' like you," did she just call me a flower?

"And how do you know that?" It couldn't be true, she would fall like all the others.

"Haerin, it's logical!" she replied, "She rides a motorcycle, wears a leather jacket," she described, "You wear heels even to school!" she might have a point, "It's obvious from miles away that you're not compatible, you could even ask any guy and he'll tell you 'of course, you're not compatible'."

"Danielle, I'm not going to marry her," I laughed, "Let's just say I want her for a few days, we don't need to be compatible."

"Think what you want, but when she rejects you, I won't help you with the 'revenge plan' against her."

"When she rejects me?" I asked indignantly.

"Oh, she will."

"I don't think so."

"Wanna bet?" she smiled.

"How much are you willing to lose?" I replied confidently.

"How much?" she laughed, "Let's make it more interesting," she looked at me intently, "If you win, I..." she paused for me to complete the sentence.

"If I win..." I thought about what I would make her do, "If I win, you'll do all my final projects," that would be enough for me. The final projects are quite a lot and I really hate doing them. So it would be a good punishment for the big-mouthed Danielle.

"And if I win," she said, smiling wickedly, "You'll do everything possible to become Garam's best friend," damn, now my 'punishment' wasn't anything compared to hers, "And if she refuses, you'll insist until you succeed," she smiled, "You'll beg her, plead with her, implore her..."

"Shut up, I get it," I replied seriously.

"Alright," she said, extending her hand towards me, "I won't give you a deadline, since she'll probably say no two seconds after you start talking, so you'll get tired for sure and say 'Oh Danielle, you're so right, you're the smartest and greatest girl and now I'm going to find my best friend Garam,'" she said, mimicking a high-pitched voice.

"I love you Danielle... but you're an idiot," I said laughing, taking her hand before turning around as the teacher had finally entered the classroom.

"What's her name?" now that I just found out about her existence, I was really intrigued. She was quite pretty to go unnoticed by my eyes.

I turned my head to see her, but a small paper ball hit my head, I turned even more to glare at Danielle, who only moved her lips to say 'read it.'

I took the paper and unfolded it to read its contents. 'She won't pay attention to you. Haha,' I laughed reading it, took a pen and wrote: 'Why don't you start with my final projects instead?' I crumpled it again and threw it back with the intention of hitting her.

The class went by more than slowly, there was no subject I hated more than History. What's the point? What's the point of memorizing so many dates?

I pretended to pay all the attention in the world to the teacher who wouldn't stop talking.

"Class, today's lesson is over," he announced as soon as the great bell rang.

Everyone immediately started packing their books and rushed to the door, I waited a bit since my target seemed to be texting on her phone.

She grabbed her backpack and started walking towards the door, so I walked to meet her.

"Hello..." I greeted with my best smile.

"Wow, up close she's even prettier," I thought. Her hair was a beautiful black downfall.

Her hazel eyes, her gaze was tough and indifferent. Her slightly tanned skin was strategically adorned with small moles that descended from her neck to just above her chest. But what caught my attention were her pink lips, perfectly defined, exceptionally thick with just the right moisture to make them shine and make them twice as provocative.

"I'm Kang Haerin," I extended my hand to her.

"Oh yeah?" she said with a hint of excitement.

"Danielle, you're an idiot," I thought triumphantly, "As if she would reject me," I smiled at the sweet tone she used.

"I'm not interested," she changed her 'sweet' tone drastically to a completely cold one.

She turned away from me and walked out the door with long steps.

"What the hell was that?" I was about to spit fire.

"I told you..." Danielle sang in my ear.

"Surely you told her to ignore me," it was totally impossible for someone to refuse my charms.

"Haerin, accept it, you don't stand a chance with someone like her," she laughed, putting her arm around my shoulder. "I recommend you give up..." she kissed my cheek, "I heard Garam loves comedy movies."

"And so what?" I asked her as we walked towards the door.

"Well, if you're going to be her best friend, it's better to know things about her," she was about to burst into laughter again but I warned her with my eyes not to.

"Listen to me, Danielle Marsh," I said seriously, "She will be mine..." I pressed my index finger against her chest, "And she will regret this..." I referred to what happened a few moments ago.

"You seem sure..." she gave me that evil, rhetorical, and conceited smile.

"I don't seem... I am."