They're girlfriends!

The questions were easy for me, so I started with the first page, quickly finished it, and did the same with the second page. Minji passed through the doorway with a couple of books in her right arm and a cigarette in her right hand. She brought it to her mouth and took a drag.

"Here," she said, handing me the books before exhaling smoke.

I just stared at her incredulously.

"You live with two kids," I stood up and walked towards her. "And you smoke inside the house?"

"That's none of your business," she said, bringing the addictive cigarette back to her mouth, then blowing smoke in my face.

"Minji," I said seriously, "if you're bitter and want to shorten your life with that..." I snatched the cigarette from her hand, "...don't drag your siblings down with you." I stubbed the cigarette out on the sole of my shoe.

"Give it back," she ordered, annoyed.

"Sure." With a simple tug, I broke it in half and placed it in her palm. She closed her hand angrily and gave me a murderous look.

"Why don't you disappear from my life?" she took a step towards me, seething with fury.

"Are you sure..." I took a step towards her, closing our distance to zero, "...you want me to disappear?" Our breaths mingled due to our proximity. Our gazes were intensely connected.

Once again, I took the initiative, and unlike last time, Minji didn't hesitate to respond to my kiss. I ran my hands around her waist, leaving them on her back to pull her even closer. Her tongue entered my mouth unabashedly, exploring freely, and I couldn't help but enjoy it. She kissed me so intensely that it simply left me dazed. Her hands massaged my waist when a small laugh made us abruptly separate.

"They're girlfriends!" Sihyun said with a smile, covering her mouth with her small hands as if trying to hold back her laughter. I turned embarrassed to look at Minji, who was either blushing from embarrassment or anger. To be honest, I was a little scared.

"No, darling..." I spoke, avoiding Minji's piercing gaze. I approached her and squatted to her level.

"Yes, they do," she said with a smile. "Girlfriends do that," she chuckled shyly, unable to contain herself, and I laughed with her.

"You're useless," she muttered and picked up the little one, carrying her in her arms, then walked towards the stairs.

Maybe this wasn't going to work; all I was achieving was making her dislike me more. But I couldn't lose the bet either. There was a tough debate going on inside me until I finally came to a conclusion. I would keep trying to win Minji over, but not at her house. I don't want to cause trouble with her family.

I turned around, grabbed my bag along with half of the guide sheets.

"Are you leaving so soon?" I heard her behind me just as I was about to leave the house.

"I think it's best if we finish the work separately," I replied, playing the victim.

"What? Are you tired of annoying me?"

"Me? Tired of annoying you?" I asked ironically. "Look who's talking, the one who keeps insulting me and calling me 'Airhead.'"

"I'm just telling the truth," she said smugly.

"Is that what you really think?" I began to approach her again, her nerves evident from my proximity. My nose brushed against hers, and her breathing quickened. I delicately traced her lower lip with the tip of my tongue but didn't kiss her. I just teased her with it. "...because look how this 'airhead' affects you." I burst into laughter at the state I had her in.