Episode 53

George Pov :

"One more time, George. One more pull," my personal trainer said as I lifted the 45 kg weight for my neck training. As a Formula 1 driver, we need to ensure our necks are well-trained and strong.

"Good job," he said again, signaling that my training session was over.

"I know it's really tiring, George," he said while rearranging the equipment. "But you need to be ready for this weekend's Grand Prix." I gave him a nod without saying anything. He was right; I had to be fully prepared for this weekend's British Grand Prix, not just for myself but also for my Mercedes team.

"Thanks, mate," I replied, exhausted. He gave me a small wave before stepping out of the room, leaving me behind as I leaned against the wall, trying to catch my breath. Just then, my phone buzzed on the table. I let out a heavy sigh, stood up slowly, and walked over to pick it up. It was a call from Alex.

"Hello, Alex," I answered.

"George, mate! How are you doing?" he greeted back.

"I'm in training right now," I replied, taking a seat on the small sofa.

"Well, pushing your limits for the British GP?" he said with a chuckle, which made me laugh along with him. "Anyway, I just wanted to ask if you want to come with me to Jennifer's cafe?" he asked while I was drinking water from my bottle. As soon as he asked, I almost choked from my sudden reaction.

"Jennifer's cafe?" I asked.

"Yeah, you don't want to?" he responded.

"No... of course I do. But..." Before I could finish, he swiftly interrupted.

"There are no more 'buts'. Just pick me up at my hotel in the next 10 minutes," he added quickly and hung up before I could respond.

"Such a cheeky guy," I mumbled to myself, putting the phone back on the table and taking another sip of water. While drinking, all I could think about was Jennifer Alison, the girl with the five-year-old daughter. Since the last weekend's race, I couldn't get that Fox Guy, out of my mind, the one Lando mentioned. I kept thinking about the relationship between him and Jennifer. Jennifer is a good-looking girl, no doubt, but that guy seems like someone with a lot of nasty ideas. Charles is right; whatever the situation, that guy doesn't deserve Jennifer. Without realizing it, I lost myself in thought while holding the bottle, until I snapped back to reality.

"What the heck is that?" I mumbled to myself, shaking my head slightly to clear my thoughts. "Focus, George Russell... focus," I said, giving myself a light slap on the cheek to pull myself together. Then, I started to get ready to pick up Alex from his hotel.

------------------------------------------------------

"Mate... you're five minutes late," Alex said with a chuckle as he settled into the passenger seat beside me.

"Come on, Mate. We're in London, downtown, not navigating a grid," I retorted, matching his chuckles. Then, we both swiftly made our way to the café to indulge in some afternoon caffeine. As we arrived, I parked the car neatly by the curb, right in front of the café, and we stepped inside.

"Welcome," Dan and Lexa greeted us as we entered, their warm smiles turning into recognition as they saw us.

"Oh, hey George... hey Alex," Dan greeted us with his usual wide smile.

"Hey, Dan," Alex replied.

"How are you doing, man?" I added.

"Well, as always, I'm doing fine," Dan answered cheerfully.