Chapter 14: These Walls Are Cracking

~October's POV~
"Alpha! Luna! There's a pack of bear, er, pack of rouges on our territory. Like on our territory!" Beta Turner shouted.
"What?" Alpha Ke'Yon asked.
I gasped.
"Sound the alarm!" Alpha Ke'Yon shouted.
Next thing I hear, a blaring alarm sounds off. Ear piercing it is. Gosh. Alpha Ke'Yon grabbed my hand and he lifted me up so I was on his back.
"If it means anything... You have a comfortable back." I said.
I felt him chuckle.
"Why thank you." He said.
I kissed his neck, causing him to flinch.

Alpha Ke'Yon set me down in a what looks to be a dark basement. I hate basements. Not because that's where my cell was when I was in my old pack, but just because if you're in a horror movie, the last place you want to be is in a... Basement.

Yeah. A basement.

"Stay here. Do open this door for anyone." Alpha Ke'Yon said.
I bowed my head in submission. I hate being a damn Submissive Omega. Ugh!
"Hey. I'll be back." He said.
"Promise me." I said.
"Promise." He said.
He kissed me. And just like that...

My knight in shining armor...

Ran into...

Battle...

~Alpha Ke'Yon's POV~
I placed October into the basement where the children and females go. He can help calm the kids down and so on and so forth. I just can't let him get hurt.
"Guard Leo? Guard Tommy?" I asked.
"Yes, Alpha?" They asked in unison.
"Guard basement number 1. My mate and your Luna is in there." I said.
"Of course." Guard Leo said.
"Consider it done." Guard Tommy said.
I nodded to them, shifted, and ran off.

[3 hours into the fight]

So this fight has now turned into a war. The rouges teamed up with the Geo Forcefield Pack. Lovely. Note the sarcasm. Within the case of these exceedingly long 3 hours, my pack and I have somehow, someway managed to get captured.
"Bring us your Luna." A man said.
I recognized his voice.

Alpha Cordon.

My mate's tormentor.

"Never." I said.
"Ah. Ah. Ah. You wouldn't want to hurt your family and your pack now would you? Hm?" Alpha Cordon asked.

"You won't touch them." A new voice said from behind Alpha Cordon.
We all looked towards the voice.
"Ah... A visitor. And whom shalt you be?" Alpha Cordon asked.

"October!" I shouted.
"Took you long enough." He said.
"You don't remember me? How sad..." October said.
October stepped into the light. His eyes blood red. Canines extended. He looked... Possessed.
"Little October... How nice to see you." Alpha Cordon said.
October growled.
"Alive." Alpha Cordon said.
A dark figure in the shape of a wolf stood next to October. That wolf looks like... Sheldon! My wolf.

"Sheldon?" I asked.
"Hm?" He asked.
"The hell are you doing?" I asked.
"Helping our mate. Duh." Sheldon said in a 'duh' tone of voice.
Sheldon's eyes were red. Just like October's. I have to admit. My mate looks hot like this.

Is that weird?

Probably.

"This is for attacking my pack." October said.
Sheldon moved at the speed of light and attacked the guard next to Alpha Cordon. October's hands are glowing orange. Liam, October's wolf, stood next to Sheldon. Our black and orange wolves fighting side by side. Liam's eyes were red as well. Sheldon growled.
"This is for starting a war." October said.
Liam but the head off of the other guard.

"And this is... For kidnapping my mate." October said.
October glowed orange. His claws extended and he railed holes in Alpha Cordon. He looked like some weird scratched up Swiss cheese.
"Get the boy!" Alpha Cordon shouted with his last dying breath.
Three guards were holding a silver chain. One of them was dumping a chemical on it. Oh no...

Wolfsbane.

Wolfsbane is highly toxic to us. In large quantities it could kill us within minutes. Seconds even. And that chain was coated in it. And October knew it.
"You killed our Alpha. Now we get to kill you. Little October..." That must be his ex-Beta whom was holding the chain.
October had a hurt and pained expression in his face.
"Is he gonna hurt him, Alpha?" Beta Turner asked.
"Most likely." I said.
The whole pack whimpered at the thought of losing their Luna. Knowing it would destroy me and eventually them. I whimpered at the thought of losing my mate.

But October still stood tall.
"Ah, being around Alpha Ke'Yon shred gained you guys, boy." His ex-Beta said.
I growled.
"Silence!" October's ex-Beta shouted without looking at me.
His eyes were fixed on October.

Baby... Please be safe.

You're playing with fire now.

'Cause if you play with fire.

You get burned.

His ex-Beta disappeared. He reappeared behind October. Unfortunately, the guards from the Cruel Black Pack distracted October. And his Black Magic must be wearing off. Because my wolf and his disappeared. We all heard October scream in agony as the chair wrapped around his neck. Now I see why everyone was wearing gloves. You could practically hear the sizzling sound of the Wolfsbane and silver burning October's flesh.
"Don't hurt him." I begged.

That's right, the big bad Alpha Ke'Yon begged.

His ex-Beta snarled at me.
"You like the burning sensation?" His ex-Beta asked.
October tried growling but it came out so feeble and weak. His ex-Beta tightened the chain so now it was not only burning him, but choking him too.
"You gonna fight me? Or sacrifice yourself to save your pack and your mate?" His ex-Beta asked.
October looked like he was caught between a rock and a hard place. He just had that look in his eye.
"I... Would... Tell you... If... You... Weren't... Choking me..." October managed to say.
"Surrender or no?" He asked.
"I... Surrender..." October said.
"Luna! No!" Our pack shouted.
"October! Baby! No!" I shouted.
October smiled weakly at us.
"I love you..." He said to me.
"I love you too." I said.
And with that,

October dropped to the ground.

The last members of the Cruel Black Pack set us all loose.
"You're all dead." I snarled at October's ex-Beta.
Geo, our pack Doctor, ran in.
"Oh dear Lord! Luna October!" He shouted.
I could tell he was heartbroken. All of our pack cared so much for October. I felt like I was hit by a bus 9 times over. I felt salty, warm tears stream down my face like a damn waterfall.
"He has a faint pulse. We need to get him to the infirmary or he won't make it." Geo said.
"Let's move!" I shouted.

[1 hour later]

We got back to our pack land. October was taken into the infirmary almost instantly. Geo's been in their ever since. And hasn't made an appearance. The door opened.

Whoops.

Spoke too soon.

"Alright. October should wake up in about a week." Geo said.
"Okay." Our pack said.
I breathed out a sigh of relief.
"Thank God." I said.
"But, the mark on his neck from the chain will be a permanent scar. So please don't look at it. Just... For our Luna's sake... Pretend it's not there." Geo said.
We all nodded.
"To save his self-esteem." Geo said.
We nodded all again.

I walked into October's room in the infirmary. I sat beside him and held his hand.
"Hey now... I'mma need you to wake up, love. I want to see your beautiful eyes again. Hear your amazing laugh. See your cute blushes. Our pack needs you. We all need you. I need you." I whispered to him.
I rubbed circles on the top of his hand.
"Wake up, my love... Please." I said.

Wake up...