Chapter 36: Adios Amigos

(Above is the tree branch that Sparta is lying on in this chapter.)

~October's POV~
I have to admit, seeing Walter and Mattiaccio reject Sparta was a massive disappointment. But I understand why. The Elder would force a rejection upon them. And a forced rejection is by far worse than a by a choice rejection. I've seen the damage of both. Now we are all trying to locate her so we can all explain it. But we can't find her. So me bring the parent I am, is freaking out. I mean hello?! My great granddaughter is missing! Wouldn't you be freaking out? Thought so. The thing that really scared me... Was hearing...

Walter scream.

~Ke'Yon's POV~
I wish this didn't have to happen. That the Elder wouldn't find out about our great grandson and our great granddaughter being mates if they remained together. But he has eyes and ears all over the fucking place. I'm trying to remain calm whilst October is trying not to have a cow. Everyone paused when they heard Walter scream. Oh shit...

~Walter's POV~
I screamed. Yeah I know. The big bad Alpha wolf screams. It's a human reaction when one gets scared. October and Ke'Yon ran in.
"What is it?" October asked.
I pointed to the letter I my hand. Then the busted window. She broke out. She left. Based on her own free will. No... No... She's... She's gone...
"Read it." Ke'Yon said.

"Dear to whom it may concern,

I'm leaving. In case you couldn't tell. I'm sorry. But I can't face seeing my brothers everyday knowing what they did to me. Feeling our mate bond break was the worst pain that I've ever felt. And now I know I can't fix it. So, as I said, I am leaving.

Please don't bother looking for me.

Love you always,

~Sparta WolfHearts."

My voice cracked at the 'Please don't bother looking for me' sentence she wrote. And it was on a blue piece of paper. Written in black ball point gel pen ink. Her favorite type. She was a weird one. But now she's gone. And it's all mine and Mattiaccio's fault. And we both know it. I looked over at him. He was in tears. As was I. And October, Ke'Yon and our pack. Our dad and mom too.

We would all suffer...

No.

We WILL all suffer...

~Mattiaccio's POV~
When Walter read Sparta's note out loud, I couldn't help but choke up at her last written sentence. She has left. And it's all our fault. We know that better than anyone right now. Mom and dad have a sad look in their eyes. Our great grand grandparents, October and Ke'Yon, have a sad and disappointed look in their eyes. Wow...

Things are rough all over.

~Atticus's POV~
Knowing my only daughter left is a hard fact to face. And she doesn't want us looking for her. That's only more hard. The pack will fall into anarchy if Walter and Mattiaccio don't find their second chance mates. Hopefully Sparta will have one though. I know all three of my children will but still. You know what I'm saying? Yeah anyways... This is hard to accept. But until our kids find their second chance mates, we'll have to hunt Sparta down and get her back. No one will take her place in any of our hearts. She's irreplaceable. She just doesn't know it. I looked over at Mattiaccio, he had tears streaming down his face like a waterfall. And I knew guilt was washing over him in waves. Hell. The whole pack can sense it.

This is bad...

Very bad...

~Sparta's POV~
I kept running. Not stopping. Running. My paws ached. My legs begged for a rest. My breathing was fast and ragged. But still, I didn't let up. I know even though I told them not to look for me, I know they still will. I know that for a fact. Hmph. None of them like to listen. But this is Walter and Mattiaccio's fault. Even they all know that. Do I feel guilty for leaving them? Yes of course I do. But it's better than facing pain and depression everyday. Carlin won't be able to handle that. She already won't talk. That'll add onto her depression which will add onto mine. No one wants that. Besides, the three of us have second chance mates. Everyone knows that. Duh. I finally slowed down near a creek. What? I'm thirsty. Don't judge me bruh. I drank some water. Which soothed my parched and dry throat. Thank God. I had to have been running nonstop for days now. I was about 743 and 1/2 miles away from my old pack. Which is about a day. Wow. I run fast with Alpha blood coat sing through me as well. Plus I trained even though I wasn't supposed to. Oh well. I laid on top of a log. Catching my breath. I drank the creek water for about 20 minutes. I used my claws to take out a candy bar and ate that. I'm a skilled wolf. Don't be hatin'. Sheesh. Not my fault I'm mad talented. Everyone always congratulated me on everything I did. I never understood why. Hell. I still don't. And I don't think I ever will. Oh fucking well.
"I miss them." Carlin said.
"I know." I said.
"But they don't like us." She whispered.
"I know. I'm just glad to hear your voice." I said.
"I know." She said.
I chuckled. She chuckled back. We do talk. Just not as much as we should. Maybe when we find out second chance mate, she'll talk to me more. I hope... I was about to doze off when I heard this low and menacing snarl come from in front of me.

And there stood this magnificent midnight black wolf with half of its left ear missing. Battle much do you wolfie? I guess ya do. He had a white spot around his right eye. And a white strip running from the back of his neck to his tail. Beautiful he was. Er, I mean, is. Is! Is... His paws were white too. He had a little pink on his nose. And his eyes. Oh his eyes. A gorgeous blackish, golden, orangish color. Stunning. Oh fuck! I just realized I'm basically eye raping this poor wolf. But I feel drawn to him. And that's when he growled one word that changed the fate's design forever...

"Mate..." He growled.

********************************************

Sorry to cut it off there.

And as always...

STAY FABULOUS!!

Byeeeeee!

:D