Chapter 4 Edward

"You want me to do what?!" I stared at Giovanni incredulously.

"I want you to train Ezio," he said again.

"I can't do that!" My robes flapped against the cobblestone wall of the tower. "I've done it before, and that was bad enough! Besides, I need to find Arno, Archer, and Connor."

"Well if you can't do it now, then wait until Ezio goes to Volpe! Volpe will call you and you will need to do it anyway!"

"I'll wait for Volpe," I said. "I will delay the day for as long as possible."

Giovanni sighed. "Bene. But at least watch his back."

"I have been. He almost saw me this morning."

"I suppose that's the best I can get from you at present."

"It certainly is." I was glad that the conversation was over. "I'll be going then. I'll try to save you tomorrow."

Giovanni glanced at Frederico, who was sleeping in a corner. "Try to save him first. He would make a fine assassin."

I nodded and started down the side of the guard tower. I had seen Ezio head towards their house. I assumed that he would go to the same leaf pile, so I sat on a window ledge and waited.

Something rustled below me and I cursed myself for not paying attention. I looked down and saw Ezio laying in the leaves. He hadn't seen me yet.

"Greetings and good fortune to you Ezio!" I called down.

Ezio leaped to his feet and drew his sword with a speed that amazed me. "Where are you?" Ezio asked, spinning in a slow circle.

I chuckled. "Up."

Ezio looked up and froze. "You!" he said in surprise.

"Me?"

"Yes. You were standing on the rooftop below the guard tower."

I dropped to the ground. "Was I?" Ezio pointed his sword at me. "Peace Ezio." When Ezio didn't lower his sword I sighed. "Coli muer unlac framer."

Ezio stared at me blankly. "Uh... what?"

"I am a friend," I repeated in English.

Ezio hesitated before sheathing his sword. "You know me, but I don't know you."

"Don't remember me," I corrected. "I am Edward Kenway. I met you when you were smaller. I'm a good friend of your father. If he were around, I would introduce you to my brother. But he is fighting a war right now."

"There aren't any wars going on," Ezio objected.

"I shrugged. "Not close-by. Across the ocean, yes, around here... the only war is assassins against Templars."

Ezio looked confused but didn't ask what Templars were. "Would you mind leaving so that I can sleep?"

"Sure. I'll wake you up in the morning, though. We need to save your family."

Ezio looked at me strangely but didn't stop me when I returned to the window ledge.

"One more thing before I fall asleep," Ezio said after a moment. "What was that language you spoke?"

I paused. "Cour ono?(This one?)"

"That one," Ezio said. "What is it?"

"The tongue of the assassins," I said. "Thankfully, Shay can't speak, read, or understand it."

Ezio nodded and leaned back into the leaves. I huffed in mild annoyance. It's going to be a long night. I was glad, however, that Ezio didn't ask who Shay was. Connor would have been able to explain better than I ever could.

______________

Don't get all excited about the updates. I've just been fixing little grammar errors and spelling issues.  Don't mind me. :)