Chapter 52

"Hello Amelia," greeted Carmen excitedly, bounding up to the teenager and giving her a hug.

"Hi Carmen," smiled Amelia shyly. The last time the woman had seen her was when she was screaming her lungs out begging for her death. It was awkward for Amelia to say the least. Carmen smiled at her fondly and winked, which made Amelia feel a lot better. Alice led her over to the couch where Esme was sitting, and Carlisle joined the pair a moment later, carrying the IV bags and hanging them up on the IV pole that occupied the lounge. Jasper, Blythe and Tanya occupied one of the couches nearest to the door, with a space open for Alice. Rosalie, Emmett, Bella and Edward occupied another one, with Renesmee eagerly perched on the armrest. Edward had a protective arm thrown around Renesmee's waist. The only other occupied couch was inhabited by the remainder of the Denali coven.

"We have been waiting for ages for you to open them up, Mia," exclaimed Alice, walking over with a stack of presents and depositing them on the floor in front of Amelia. Amelia could only stare wide-eyed at the large stack of gifts before her. Never had she received so many gifts for her birthday before.

"These are all for me?" she whispered in surprise. Jasper picked up on her emotions and smiled at her.

"Yes Mia, they are all for you."

"And there are more to come!" stated Alice, depositing a second, and thankfully smaller, pile of presents in front of Amelia with a flourish.

"Thank you all so much," Amelia whispered, still in awe that she had people who cared enough about her to give her presents.

"Open Nessie's first!" exclaimed Alice, thrusting a small package into Amelia's hands.

"Hey Ness, do you want to help me unwrap it?" she asked. Renesmee eagerly bounded up to where Amelia sat and snatched her present away before unwrapping it faster than Amelia could ever dream of. She handed Amelia a picture frame, with a photo of the two of them. It was taken one weekend when the pair had decided to venture onto the patio with some tea and cake.

"I chose the frame," Renesmee said shyly, "I hope you like it."

"I love it, Ness, thank you so much," stated Amelia, engulfing her niece in a hug. Renesmee smiled widely before bouncing back to her seat. She then picked up another present, and read the card on it.

"May the Force be with you," it read. Amelia glanced up at Emmett questioningly, before neatly opening it up.

"Oh come on squirt! Just rip the paper!" exclaimed Emmett, who looked ready to take over for his little sister.

"I'm unwrapping as fast as my little fingers will allow me," replied Amelia sarcastically, tongue poking out the corner of her mouth in concentration, "it's not my fault you used an entire sheet of wrapping paper."

She got it open and giggled when she saw the contents. Her big bear of a brother had given her a boxset of all six Star Wars films, and two light sabres, one blue and one green.

"So that we can duel with light sabres afterwards," grinned Emmett, feeling very proud of himself.

"Whatever you do, do not let Jasper get hold of yours," begged Esme, "the last time I lost a chandelier to their duelling."

"Thanks Emmy-bear," she said, "Maybe we can watch the first film later?"

"Awesome!"

Unsurprisingly, she received a ton of designer clothes and accessories from Alice. From Jasper, she received a few new books, which delighted her endlessly. Among them was Anna Karenina, a book that was on her bucket list. A pair of white leather ice skates was unwrapped next, blades glistening in the light, with appropriate accessories to go with.

A New Cullen Sisterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें