Chapter 64

Please note that this chapter, and the next few chapters as well, will focus on both Amelia and Blythe simultaneously. This is mainly to keep the time frame the same throughout (as opposed to having one chapter focusing entirely on Amelia, then the next chapter going back in time to focus on Blythe). Please bear with me :)

Thank you to chantisweety for coming up with a flight plan. Who better to consult flights to and within Germany than a German gal? ;)

---

"I guess this is it," stated Amelia, staring at one of her best friends. She was close to tears. She had known that this day was coming, but it had just seemed to creep up out of nowhere. Blythe smiled at her sadly. They were at the International Departures section of the airport.

"I suppose it is, yes," agreed Blythe, extending her arms to give Amelia a hug, "I'm going to miss you, Mia. Take care of yourself, please."

"I'm going to miss you too, Bee. Travel safely."

The girls separated. Amelia wiped away a tear as Blythe adjusted her backpack, one hand held tightly around her plane tickets and passport. The little red book in question was rather bent and was filled with the stamps of the various countries that she had visited. Blythe had clearly been busy travelling the world when she could. Amelia vowed that one day, her passport would also be filled like that.

With a final nod at Carlisle and Esme, she turned her back and walked towards the security point. Once she was through, she turned one last time to wave at Amelia before disappearing around the corner. Esme found herself blinking back venomous tears – she too had grown fond of the teenaged healer and would miss her bubbly presence around the house. Blythe had become like a daughter to her. A delicate sniffle alerted her to the fact that her own daughter was sobbing up a storm. Carlisle patted her back while Amelia cried into his chest.

"Let's get her home," Esme murmured, touching the top of her daughter's head, before joining in on a group hug with the two of them.

"We needed to pop in to the hall, remember?" reminded Carlisle, gently pulling Amelia away from him and wrapping an arm beneath her own in an attempt at coaxing her away from the gate. Amelia was secretly hoping that Blythe would come barreling out of the gate and announce that she was moving in with them. When she realised that this situation was not going to play out like it did in movies, she allowed her parents to lead her away. After a quick visit to see Simon and get the sheet music for the concert the following weekend, Carlisle drove to a large pet store.

"What are we doing here?" asked Amelia from the backseat. She had been studying her music in an attempt at getting her mind off of Blythe's departure.

"Edward and Bella have decided to get Renesmee a puppy," explained Carlisle. It was a little white lie, but he knew that Amelia wouldn't mind later on.

"Oh that is awesome!" Amelia cried enthusiastically, "I bet she is really excited."

"She doesn't actually know yet. It's a surprise, so your mom and I are helping out and getting a few things. Emmett and Rosalie wanted to get most of it from the pet shop in Forks but you know what Alice is like."

Amelia burst out laughing as she got out of the car. "Say no more. So, what are we looking for?"

"A basket, collar, lead, perhaps some toys," broke in Esme as they strolled towards the entrance of the store.

"What breed, and what gender?" queried Amelia. Carlisle walked ahead and grabbed a trolley. Amelia held onto the side as they began their excursion up and down the aisles.