- Chapter 14

"I'm here! What happened to Rebbeca Marie Gomez? I need to know what the hell happened!" I said as I rushed up to the nurse.

"Calm down, I believe you're Austin.. correct?" The lady asks. I nodded my head quickly,

"Yes! Please tell me what had happened to her!"

"Your friend Rebbeca was shot at twice, one bullet went into the left shoulder and the other one went through the side of her hip. She's in surgery at the moment and to top it all off a car drove right into them." She says, I felt my heart just sank. I tried to calm myself down but it was like I was drowning trying to catch for air.

"Wait... who's them?" I snapped my head up at her.

"She was in a car with a young boy named Carson Steglieter, he had a gun in his hand and didn't see the car coming from the side and then crashed into both." She says.

"Was he the first one who got hit?!" I asked, I hope he was.

"Yes, unfortunately he died on his way here." She says.

"Oh thank goodness!" I said in relief.

"Why is that good?" She shot me a glare.

"You don't know what that boy has done! The same girl that is in surgery right now, he raped her more than once and he beat her so much. He wouldn't stop and so finally something has happened so he wouldn't hurt her anymore.

"That's terrible!" She says.

"Smh, you're telling me. Can you please let me know when she's out of surgery? How long has she been in there for?" I asked impatiently.

"She's been in for about an hour or so, it will only be another hour until they're done." She says.

"Okay thank you." I say as I walked over to a chair and sat down.

***An hour later***
"Mr.Mahone, Ms.Gomez is out of surgery. You can go and see her now if you'd like." The nurse motioned me to the hallway down the left.

"Okay, what room number is she in?" I asked quickly getting up.

"Room 2B." She says. I nodded my head and walked to the room quickly. I pushed the door open and saw her laying there in the hospital bed, she's so pale.

"Rebbeca.." I whispered and ran by her side. I grabbed her hand and squeezed it real tight.

"He's gone, please stay strong. I need you here. Carson's dead it's all over, please wake up." I cried. I heard the door swing open but I didn't look up, a shadow moved from the doorway to the side of the hospital bed.

"H-How did this happen?" I heard a familiar voice ask. I looked up real quick to find Mrs.Hanson.

"Mrs.Hanson... Rebbeca was in a car accident and she got shot about two times. She just g-got out of surgery and she's in a coma now." I said with more tears rolling down my cheeks. She knelt down beside Rebbeca,

"Oh my child. I'm so sorry.." She cries. She then looked at me and asked,

"Who did it? Who shot her?!"

"This student that went to our school, Carson. He apparently was driving in the car and turned to look at Rebbeca... next thing that had happened was another car hit them but before the big crash.. he shot her." I said feeling a knot in my throat.

"Oh my.." She gasped. She turns to look back at Rebbeca and I saw tears form in her eyes.

"You care about her.. don't you?" I asked.