- Chapter 29

It's been hours since we left Austin's house to look for Audrey. My mom had called earlier because I never came home the other night so she was worried. I'm not even going to get into detail with that because I'm more worried for Audrey and how she's doing out there by herself.

"We'll find her, Rebbeca." He puts his hand over mine.

"This is useless, Austin! It's been hours! We still have no idea where she might be!" I yelled in frustration.

"I'm sorry." He spoke.

"For what?" I ask him wiping my tears away.

"Everything. If I had not shown up to the park you wouldn't be in this situation right now. Things would have been different and she would be at home with you." He says looking down at his hands.

"No, Austin this is my fault I fucking left her alone for a minute and this happened. Don't blame yourself when you had nothing to do with it." I put my hand on his and squeezed it.

"She's got to be here, somewhere." He sighs. 

We drove around for a few more hours showing people pictures of how she looks like and if they had seen anyone with her. Until we passed by a boy sitting on a bus bench,

"Have you seen my baby?" I show him a picture that was in my hand. 

"Oh wow.. that looks like Audrey." He says, my eyes widened.

"A-Audrey?" I ask.

"Yes but that can't be because she's my niece." He laughs a bit.

"No, you got her name right." I am now in a shocked state of mind.

"I am probably confusing your baby with my niece, you see they had just found my niece in an orphanage because my brother died a few months ago, claiming that he left a kid behind so my parents took her in." He explains.

"Can you show me to her?" I ask him,

"You're a stranger and I don't leave with strangers, sorry miss." He says.

"Did you say your parents.. a-and b-brother? Wait. You're Carson's brother?!" My heart is racing.

"Yeah.... how do you know my brother?" He asks.

"That's my baby's father! Audrey is my daughter! They didn't find her in an orphanage, they stole her from me in a park!" I felt my anger boil inside me,

"What?! No. That is impossible, just leave me alone." He says looking behind the car.

"Kid. Just show me where the hell my baby is at. I will leave you the fuck alone after that!" I sent him a cold stare, he was a bit scared considering the fact that he got into the car.

"Go down that street and make a left." He says pointing down a few houses.

"Okay. Where to next?" Austin asks.

"Keep on going until you hit that street light and once you're there make another left." He spoke.

"So, how old are you?" I ask him trying to avoid the awkward tension that was rising.

"13." He says,

"How well did you know my brother?" 

"Not too well, since he just knocked me up and almost killed me right after." I sighed.

"I never liked Carson. I always hated him." He looks out the window.

"How come?" I ask.

"He is the favorite child but little did my parents know how horrible of a guy he was. He used to beat me up all the time to the point where I would bleed. My parents were so oblivious when it came to him. Everything just has to be about him whether you like it or not." He sighs.

"That sucks. I hate him too." 

"What else did he do to you?" He asks.

"Lots of things that I wouldn't want you to know about." I said trying to not let my voice crack.

"I'm Nelson and I am assuming you're Rebbeca?" I rose my eyebrow at Austin and he sent me the 'I don't know' look,

"Yes, how'd you know?" 

"My brother used to talk so much about you." Nelson said.

"Really? What would he say?" 

"How you would never listen to what he'd say and that you were very stupid that one time for letting something slip out to where he got beaten up by some guy." He laughs,

"I wish I could have seen it happen, that douche deserved it." He added.

"Well the guy who beat Carson up was this one here, Austin." I look at Austin and he had a big smile on his face.

"It was because he hurt Rebbeca and it really pissed me off." He spoke as he made a u-turn.

"Wow. That's awesome, someone at least tried to set him straight." Nelson clapped his hands together. 

"Thanks." Austin laughs.

"So I made a left. Is the house on this street?" He asks Nelson.

"Just go straight two more blocks." Nelson says.

"How is Audrey doing?" I ask him.

"She is doing fine, we don't treat her bad at all. I just can't believe my parents lied to me about this." I could tell he was devastated. 

"It's okay, they just wanted to shelter you from the truth because the truth really hurts." I told him.

"So what house is it?" Austin asks.

"It will be on your right, it's blueish and it has a bricked up wall around it." He says, I then spotted the house and told Austin to stop there. 

"Let's go talk to your parents." I said to Nelson. We got out of the car and walked to the front of his home,

"I will open the door since I have the key and they are always in Audrey's room." He says pulling a key out from his jean pocket. As soon as he opens the door we walk down a hall to the first door we saw.

"Hey mom." He tells her. She turns with a baby in her arms.

"Hey Nelson. Who is this lovely young lady?" She smiles at me.

"This is Rebbeca, she came to talk to you. Can you put Audrey down for a second?" He says to her, I look over at Audrey and sure enough that is my baby. Oh, how much I wanted to rip her away from this unknown woman to hold her in my arms again. 

"Yes, it is really important." I fold my lips into one thin line. She puts Audrey down into a crib and walks out of the room with us.

"How did you find Audrey?" I asked placing my hands on my hips.

"My husband says that he had found her in an orphanage almost going to be registered into a new home. Wait, why does this concern you?" She asks.

"I'm Audrey's mother." 

_______________________

_________________

________

_

//////A\N\\\\\\: Thank you so much for being patient with me!! Once again, lol. I have summer school and yeah it sucks so it takes most of my time and energy that prevents me from writing but I will update more today just before I get to sleep. I hope all of you have a great 4th of July. Please vote and comment. <3