- Chapter 28

The next morning I woke up to the sound of puking and ran straight towards the bathroom, I tried to ignore the stench and held Becky's hair back into a ponytail. 

"Becks, just let it out." I said finally clenching my nose between my thumb and index finger. In a few seconds she got back up and headed towards the sink. Her eyes were stilled semi-closed but I think she knew what she was doing. I flushed the toilet and walk beside her trying to wash my hands, she just gave me this look.

"I'm a mess." She laughs looking back at herself. Still beautiful though. 

"Do you have a towel that I can wet to put on my forehead? My head is hurting like crazy." She pressed on the side of her temples. I look down at the black face towel I had washed earlier and passed it to her, 

"Thanks." She murmurs. I walk out of the restroom and began searching through my drawer for a white small bottle of aspirin. 

"Here take two. You are going to need it." I say to her as she passes by me, I hand her a water bottle that I had in my mini-fridge. 

"Why are you so nice to me? I have always been such a bitch to you." she says to me.

"Because you hate me and I don't hate you." I shrug taking a seat on the edge of my mattress. She sighs before she took the aspirin. She then set the water down onto the table next to my night stand. 

"I just don't understand why you hate me so much though. I didn't do anything to hurt you.." I trailed off.

"It's not that you did something... it's what you didn't do, Austin." She says keeping still, I turn to look at her but she stared out my window trying not to make eye contact.

"What did I not do? Can you please help me understand this game you are trying to play ever since you got back?" I ask.

*****Becky's P.o.v.*****

I can't tell him. I squinted my eyes out that window, flinching from the pain of my headache. 

"You try to be this bad ass character when you aren't. You are so sweet and fragile, that girl who wouldn't ever dare to hurt a fly. What happened to her?" He asks. I shook my head and my eyes swelled up with tears. 

"I can't. I can't take this." I whispered to myself but I knew Austin heard because he got up instantly from his bed. 

"Rebbeca Marie Gomez. Look at me right now. Tell me the truth just stop with these games." He demanded. I turn slowly and couldn't help but to swing my head to the ground trying to hold the tears in. 

"Just talk to me." His voice cracks. I took a deep breath in and out..

"Well you want the truth.. might as well have it. I am done trying to play this stupid role. I am done with people being so scared of me because this is not who I am." I told him. He walked closer to me and didn't break eye contact.

"I knew it, all along. Why did you move?" He asks. This is where I broke eye contact and more tears fell.

"I had to get away from here. I was... pregnant." I could tell he was taken a bit back from the news, just wait till he hears who the father is and how it happened. 

"W-who's baby is it?" He asks looking away.

"Carson's." it came out as a whisper more than a sharp tone. He snapped his head towards me,

"What the fuck?! That Carson!" I could tell his anger was rising.

"Let me explain, Austin! It isn't like that!" I protested. 

"Then explain because this makes no fucking sense." He folds his arms against his chest. 

"He raped me... he didn't use protection and I ended up pregnant with his baby. I didn't find out until that day we landed in the hospital because we crashed with another car and Carson ended up dead as soon as we arrived. I left the hospital with a few bruises, cuts, and a fractured arm but not empty because I was given the news that I was pregnant with Audrey." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. 

"And I couldn't tell you because I was afraid how you would react. You were so much better without me though... you have other friends that make you happy and I was just in the way." 

"Rebbeca you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I am sorry that I freaked out on you just a while ago it's just I never thought you would end up pregnant because of that sick bastard's actions. I am the blame for all of this, if only I have done a much better job at protecting you from him or maybe if I had only went to report the things he did to you to the police. I did not do a very good job at protecting my best friend. I am so sorry that I let you down." He apologized. I got teary eyed and said,

"See that is another reason why I changed. Everyone used to see me as this one weak nerd who couldn't stand a chance being on her own or stick up for herself. I wanted to prove everyone wrong and I did but now that you know everything you will eventually go tell the whole school. This isn't any of your fault, Austin. You know it so don't pretend." 

"After all of this you still think I am playing some sick joke on you?! Do you not know me anymore, Rebbeca? I will never go around that stupid school telling everyone your business and details about your private life. I will never fucking do that to you. Just tell me why you left me in the first place.." He trailed off.

"I couldn't stand the thought of you hating me for the rest of my life and you were so much better without me and I decided to move away for a while... I needed the new environment. I needed to be able to breathe because being pregnant at 16 is not every girl's dream come true." 

"Now I understand but Rebbeca I was so miserable without you here with me. All this time I thought you hated me for some unknown reason.. I felt like everything that changed you was my fault." He says bringing himself closer to me. I stood my ground and watched him closely looking for his next move.

"You know the little character of yours really proved to me how much you can handle yourself. You had a brave soul from the start you didn't need to change anything about yourself." He says leaning into my face, I turned around and walked around the room onto the bed. 

"So what are you planning to do now?" I asked him while folding the blanket I used to sleep with. 

"Well, if you would let me... I plan on going back into your life and start where we left off." He shrugged. 

"And if I don't?" I joked.

"Wow. Then I guess you are just going to have to deal with the fact that I won't give up." He smiles a little. I was about to laugh but I just remembered the reason why I was here and it hit me that Audrey is still missing. 

"Austin, I really need to go out to look for my baby. She is out there scared with some unknown person and I hate these thoughts that won't leave me alone!" 

"Let's go. I'll help you look around for her." He says.

_________________

___________

____

////// A/N \\\\\\\

What did you all think about her telling Austin about what had happened? I felt like it was too soon but it needed to happen. Please vote and leave a comment on your thoughts about this book !<3