- Chapter 30

"Excuse me?" She hesitated.

"You heard me, Mrs. Vandez. I am Audrey's mother the one your son raped and almost killed in a car accident. I gave birth to that baby and it is not fair of you to go take her from me plus making up that orphanage bullshit." I snap back.

"I would never even for a million dollars give my baby up." I added. She looked very surprised that it almost brought her to tears.

"I am so sorry. I didn't know about all of this, my husband was the one who told me he found Audrey in an orphanage. No wonder why every time I asked what orphanage or who e talked to there he would change the subject." She says.

"Well, now I am sorry too for assuming you were behind all of this." I say to her.

"I just miss my baby so much. I have never been away from her this long before." I explained dropping my hands off my waist.

"They kidnapped her in a park that I took her to. The panic that came over me was too much to bare." I told her.

"I can only imagine what you must have went through to come and find her." She put her hand over heart.

"I thought I wasn't ever going to find her and do you know how much that hurt... it hurt a lot. As if your whole world was being ripped away from you and you could never get it back." 

"My dear.. " 

"Your son was no sweet angel, if only you knew how many things he put me through. You wouldn't praise him now not ever." I blinked the tears that were forming in my eyes. She turns to look at Nelson,

"Oh and how much stuff he put Nelson through. Nelson had told me everything that Carson did to him. It's so sad to know that you and your husband were praising the wrong son in the first place because he turned out to be such a horrible person." 

"I'm so sorry, Nelson." I said to him.

"I'm sorry too, Nelson." Mrs. Vandez said to him. An older man walked in and stood in front of Nelson and Mrs. Vandez,

"Who the hell are you to be saying those things to my family?! Carson didn't do anything to you, girl! If you think you are taking Audrey back well think again because she is our granddaughter and she is the last thing I have of my son! Get the hell out of my house!" He yells, I could feel my anger rising up.

"YOU WILL NEVER GET TO HAVE MY BABY! I AM TAKING HER HOME WITH ME RIGHT NOW!" I ran back into the room and reached for Audrey but that man pulled me aside.

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE BEFORE I CALL THE COPS!" He grips onto my wrists.

"See, now I know who Carson got his women-abusing ways from." I glared.

"But I am not a weak little girl anymore. I know how to handle little lowlife assholes like you." I spat in his face.

"THAT IS IT." He grabs me from my hair and twisted my arm up behind my back. I heard Mrs. Vandez yell at him to let me go and pushed Nelson away so he wouldn't see.

"GET AWAY FROM HER PATRICK! STOP HURTING HER!" She pleads. Then a door swung open revealing Austin coming to the rescue, he grabbed the man by his shoulder and shoved him away from me.

"I am getting Audrey and we are getting the hell out of here!" I yelled to Austin. He nods and turns back to deal with Patrick.

"So you like to hurt women just like Carson, don't you?" He taunts.

"No, I just want that awful woman to leave this house so I grabbed her by force since she wouldn't leave on her own!" Patrick explains.

"Please don't hurt him anymore! Nelson had called the police already and they're on their way." She said to us.

"Good. Then I will explain everything that happened and what this sick psychopath just did to me!" I told her holding Audrey in my arms.

"Honey, just leave." She says to me looking at Audrey.

"I will. Austin hold Audrey for a second." I passed Audrey to him and turned back to Patrick,

"This one is for raising a neurotic bastard." I punched him right in the face.

"This one is for hurting me." I punched him once more then turned to Mrs. Vandez. 

"Thank you so much for trying to return my baby back to me, here is my number. You can contact me at any time whenever you want to see Audrey and bring Nelson too, when you visit." I smile to her placing a paper with my number on it.

"How do you know if I wasn't going to turn you in?" She asks.

"Turn me in for what? I didn't do anything also because I know you are a good woman that knows right from wrong, you aren't turning me in. You're turning him in." I said to her.

"I love him but I don't know who he is anymore. I have to." She sighs.

"I'm sorry for all the ruckus I had caused." 

"No, he caused all of this." she motioned her head to Patrick. I gave her a small hug and we left,

"Thanks for coming to my rescue." I told Austin as I looked at Audrey.

"It was the least I can do since I wasn't there to rescue you sooner with Carson." He says.

"I'm so glad you forgave me. I really did miss you." I said to him, he smiles from ear to ear and looks down at his shoes. 

"Let's get Audrey home." I say feeling happiness fill in my heart now that she's back into my arms. We got into the car and began to head back home,

"Rebbeca, what do you plan on telling her when she's older about Carson?" He asks.

"I never really thought about that, Austin." I said.

"She has to know about him though." He says staring down at the road in front of us.

"I know... but I will just wait until that time comes. He's dead anyway it's not like he can still come to life and try to go after her, you know?" I sighed.

"I hope that was a sigh of relief." He chuckles.

"Yes, it is because for the first time in my entire life I actually feel safe without him here." I said.

"Even as bad as it sounds, I am so glad I was the only one who made it out alive from that car accident." 

"Becky, he deserved what was coming to him." Austin puts his hand over mine and intertwined our fingers together,

"No matter what this time you can't push me away because I am here to stay forever." He says.

______________________

______________

____

///////A\N\\\\\\\\: SLEEEEP is all I can think about right now. Goodnight chipmunks! Please vote and comment your thoughts on this chapter!<3