chapter one.

"The timezones are different, so you'll be telling me goodmorning as I tell you goodnight." Austin said, putting his last suitcase in the trunk.

He was getting ready to leave- again. We had five minutes to say goodbye.  

"I obviously don't want you to go, but this is your life now; you've worked so hard to be able to do this. i'm glad you're going." he leaned against the door.

"Come here," he pulled me close so that we looked each other in the eyes. "i'll text you as much as I can, okay? I'll only be gone a month."

"Only a month? Austin, that's a long time..."

He sighed. "I know babe, but I have to go."

"Aye, Austin. We gotta go. Hiya Baeley!" Alex waved.

I waved back, and then turned back to Austin. He squeezed me tight when I started crying.

"Hey beautiful," he smiled softly and touched my face. "Don't cry. i'll be home soon, I promise. Keep your head up, princess. Your tiara is falling."

I bit my bottom lip and he hugged me. I wrapped my arms around his waist and squeezed. "I'm gonna miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too." he whispered, looking into my eyes.

He kissed me then, softly. I tried not to smile, but the sensation that ran through my body when we touched made it happen.

"You always ruin it, Baeley." he grinned.

"I'm sorry! I can't help it!" I put my face against his neck.

"Babe, no." he jumper-cabled me, forcing me to lose my balance.

He caught my sleeve, and when I was balanced again he pulled them up, revealing my scars. "Baeley."

"Austin."

"You've been clean for our whole relationship. It's only been a month, but I believe in you. If you need me, call me. I don't care if it happens to be 4 in the morning where I am. Call. I'm soo proud of you, babe." he kissed my cheek.

"I love you so much." I said, taking his snapback.

"I love you too. I have to go, okay?"

We hugged again, and he kissed me goodbye. It was going to be hard, but I would have to manage the paparazzi and his Mahomies by myself.

I went into my house and sat on the couch. Now that Alex, Zach, Robert, and Austin were gone, I had nothing to do. Usually on days like this we would go to the beach or take my four dogs for a walk.

"Call Kayden and see if she can come over or you guys can go to the mall or something. Don't just sit around and mope because Austin left." my dad said, coming into the room about an hour later.

"I'm not moping. Don't be rude to me because you're having a bad day, okay?" I replied, knowing that it would make him angry.

"Baeley, don't start..." he warned.

I just picked my phone up and called my best friend, Kayden. I'd do anything to get out of my house and away from him. Ever since my mom died, he and my brother Caleb had been moody and treated me like I was nothing.

"I'm going to the mall. Then I might stay at Kayden's because I don't want to be yelled at for no reason." I picked up my car keys and slipped into Ugg boots.

"Baeley, I know I've been an asshole lately, and I'm sorry. Losing mom... it hurt." my dad said before I could get out the door.

I stopped and shut my eyes. "Dad, did you ever think that maybe it wasn't only you that it hurt? She was part of mine and Caleb's life too. You treat me as though it's my fault that she's gone, when it's not," I turned around. "We all lost her. D'you know how many times I've fucking cried myself to sleep because I blame myself for her death?!"