chapter twenty two.

•••

   "Austin let's play Modern Warfare 3." I said, picking up the xbox controller.

   "I'm so going to beat you." he grinned, setting Oreo down on my lap and turning the xbox on.

   "We'll see." I replied, kissing Oreo.

   "I bet you a kiss I get the first kill."

   "Deal. If you lose, no kisses for you for three hours." I grinned.

   "Okay I got this."

   "Austin we leave tomorrow." I remembered.

   "Don't remind me. C'mon, it's about to start." he was totally focused on the game.

   I got the first kill.

•••

   "But... I don't want you guys to go!" Logan said, practically in tears.

   Austin picked him up. "I know you don't buddy but I have another tour coming up and we have to go back to Miami. I promise we'll be back before you know it, okay?"

   "Can Oreo stay here?"

   Austin laughed a little. "No buddy, she has to come with us. But I think there's a surprise that Mommy and Aunt Lisa were talking about."

   "What?" Logan said, and Austin wiped his tears away.

   "You'll see."

   Rylie came over to us and Austin hugged her and told her he'd see her soon. Then she came over to me, and I hugged her too.

   "Just remember that Austin loves you.. okay?" Rylie said to me.

   "I will." I smiled.

   "Bye mom, we'll see you in a few days." Austin hugged and kissed his mom and his aunts and had a heart to heart with Grandad.

   "Ready?" he said a few minutes later, putting Oreo's food and necessities in the back seat and helping her up.

   "So your mom's going to drive this thing back to Miami from the airport?" I asked as we pulled away.

   "No, they're going to get it later and then she'll leave Tuesday and get back hopefully by Friday."

   "Hopefully. I'm going to sleep for a few minutes okay?"

   He put his hand on my leg. "Okay baby."

   I closed my eyes and fell fast asleep, Oreo crawling onto my lap.

•••

   "Hey." Austin shook me awake.

   "I didn't realize I was this tired." I yawned.

   "It's okay. They got all our stuff loaded. Oreo has a crate and all. She should be okay."

   He locked the car, gave the keys to the driver, and we walked into the airport to board.

   "You look really tired." he laughed.

   "I am." I grinned, sitting down.

   He took the window seat and I leaned my head against his shoulder. "I love you."

   "I love you too baby girl. Sleep okay?" he kissed my forehead.

   "Don't have to tell me twice." I replied, falling asleep.

   Austin woke me up an hour later to eat. Good thing, because I was starving.

   "Austin?" I yawned.

   "Yeah?" he said, taking out his headphones.

   "I kinda miss Logan and Rylie, not going to lie." I smiled.

   "I do too. Sometimes I wish they could come and live in Miami but I know they can't." he replied.

   "Did you miss the guys?" I grinned.

   He smirked. "Possibly."

   I punched his arm. "Don't lie, you're gonna get back and give Alex a hug like you give me."

   "No I won't." He grinned.

   "You always do!" I laughed.

•••

   "Austin, wake up babe." I whispered.

   He sat up, yawning. "How much longer?"

   "Like an hour. Maybe less." I answered, running my fingers through his hair.

   "Don't." he grinned, leaning in to kiss me.

   "Why?" I teased, even though I knew very much so why.

   "You know why." he said, grinning.

   "You're right. I'll just let you show me why when we get back." I flashed him a grin.

   He raised his eyebrows. "Sounds good to me."