chapter four.

••• (Austin)

   "So, Austin. What can you tell us about your relationship with Baeley Carson?" the interviewer asked me.

   "Well, we've been dating for four months now, and I'm glad to say that it's going good." I grinned at the thought of my beautiful girlfriend.

   "That's good! She's been seen leaving the studio with you on many occasions. Is she recording with you, or just there?"

   "We have recorded a song that might be on the album. It's a secret! But yeah, mostly she goes there with me to just chill."

   Chelsea nodded and I smiled. "You've been hard at work in the studio, what can Mahomies expect from your first album?"

   "It's just gonna be a fun one, I mean, What About Love, Banga Banga, Mmm Yeah, U and upbeat songs like that are gonna be on it. I've had fun making the songs and I hope they love it." I smiled into the camera.

   "I'm sure we will!"

   I nodded and we stood up. "That was Austin Mahone, everyone, see you next time on Chelsea Lately."

   When we went off air, I thanked Chelsea and told her I had to go. "Baeley and I have to go to a benefit dinner for her friend."

   "Well, it was nice talking to you. See you soon, and keep in touch!" she hugged me and I was rushed out the door.

   "You could stop being such an ass, Joe." I said, pushing him back.

   "Let's go." he ignored me and instead opened the limo door.

   I called Baeley and told her to be ready, that we'd be there in five minutes.

   "Alex, does my hair look okay?" I asked my best friend.

   "Yes dude." he nodded.

   We were going to a benefit dinner for Baeley's friend Kathryn, who was diagnosed with brain cancer.

   I offered to perform and although Mike and Joe didn't want me to, I was going to. I'd do anything for my Mahomies.

   "Hey babe." Baeley kissed me when she got in, and I raised my eyebrows at how short her dress was.

   "Hey." I smiled.

   "This is really short, I know. But it's all I had clean because Caleb's girlfriend Elle took my other ones."

   "It's fine, love. You look amazing."

   Her smile made my heart race, and suddenly I had the urge to pull her dress off and make love to her in the limo. I smirked and tossed the idea away for the moment.

   "How long are you supposed to be here for?" Joe asked.

   "Until whenever it's over." I replied, brushing Baeley's bangs out of her eyes.

   "Great."

   "You're being kind of a dick, lately, Joe. Not only to me but to my Mahomies too. Knock it the hell off, now." I knew I shouldn't have said it but I was getting pissed.

   "It's hot when you curse." Baeley bit her lip.

   She looked stunning sitting there, and I leaned over and kissed her. "You're really asking for it."

   "Asking for what?" she grinned, her lips forming a sexy smirk.

   "Oh, nothing." I smirked, turning away from her.

   "Tell me!"

   I shook my head. "Maybe later."

   We got to the venue and she introduced me to Kathryn, the twelve year old. She was weak, and in a wheelchair, but I hugged her and took pictures with her before going on the stage.

   "Are you ready, Kathryn? This is for you. Baeley, bring her up here."

••• (Baeley)

   Kathryn and I were watching Austin song from the front row.

   "You're so lucky, Baels." Kathryn said to me, and I nodded.

   "Just for you, i'll let you kiss him. Once." I smiled, and she punched me.

   "On the cheek?" she asked.

   "Yeah, he's feeling sick so he won't even kiss me for longer than two seconds."

   "He's still amazing. How'd you get him to come?" Kathryn asked.

   "He loves to give back. I explained what your situation was, and he immediately agreed."

   Her face shined with pride. "He's the best idol ever.Thank you for doing this." Kathryn hugged me and my heart ached for her.

   "You're welcome, love." I kissed her cheek, my lipstick leaving a mark.

   "And now, I'd like to call my amazing girlfriend Baeley up here, I have a little surprise." I heard Austin say.

   I looked around and Kathryn pushed me on stage. "What's this?" I asked Austin, and he just smiled.

   He slung an arm around my shoulders. "This girl right here, has been there for me along with my beautiful and amazing Mahomies, through everything. I can't thank you guys enough, you're all amazing. Baeley, I love you so much. I know this whole fame thing is hard, and I'm so grateful that you've stuck through it. I love you with all of my heart, and I wanted to tell you that I love you. Because I haven't said it lately, and I'm sorry."

   I blushed like crazy, and I shook my head. "It's okay, Austin. You're so... amazing. I love you too." I kissed his cheek, leaving a dark red lipstick kiss.

   "Now, I know you can sing. Do you want to duet Beautiful Soul with me?" he was handed his red guitar and I almost died.

   "What?"

   "Sing." he laughed, playing the music.

   I took the microphone that was handed to me -I'm not sure by who- and when Austin started singing, so did I.

   "I don't want another pretty face, I don't want just anyone to hold, I want you and your beautiful souuuuulllll." he looked at me and I blushed.

   When the song was over, he hugged me and said, "Give it up for Baeley everybody! Thank you all, I love you! Kathryn, you are a beautiful and amazing girl and I love you the most!"

   I watched Kathryn's face light up and I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I was blessed to be here... and the fact that I was going to lose her was saddening.   

   "Kathy, I'm gonna take you out to lunch tomorrow." I said, walking down the stage stairs and joining her on the floor.

   "I'm not allowed out of the house after this, Mom won't let me."

   "Then i'll cook for you!" I hugged her, laughing.

   The next day, however; that's not what happened.