chapter eight.

"Babe, it's not that long of a flight but you should sleep." Austin said a we boarded the plane.

   Austin, Alex, Zach, Robert, and I were headed to San Antonio. It was about two hours away, and I was tired.

   "You bet I am. As soon as I finish this essay."

   I had to finish my senior year, whether I was dating Austin or not. I was missing a week of school to go, so I promised my dad that I would study and keep up on homework.

   "Sleep first." Austin said, taking my backpack and putting in the storage space.

   "Okay." I leaned against his shoulder when he sat down.

   He interlaced his fingers with mine, kissing my forehead. "I can't wait for you to meet Logan and the Moran's and Aunt Lisa. And Grandad."

   "I can't wait either. Logan is adorable." I said, yawning.  

   His thumb was rubbing my hand, and I smiled. "I love you." I whispered.

   He didn't reply, and I thought he didn't hear me. As I was drifting into a peaceful sleep, I heard, "And I love you too, babe."

•••

   "Babe, wake up. We're touching down in half an hour." Austin shook me awake.

   He was still holding my hand. I smiled, saying; "You really held my hand the whole time? You're cute."

   "It got sweaty but then it got cold so I took it back." he smiled shyly.

   "It's cute." I kissed his cheek.

   "Mmm, you're cute, actually." he said, making me blush.

   "Shut up." I said, looking out the window.

   It was dark, I was assuming it was 8 or 9 at night. I wasn't tired anymore, and I felt relaxed. Alex and Robert turned around and made kissy faces at us, and Austin rolled his eyes.

   "You won't." Alex grinned.

   "Really? Really, AC, really?" Austin teased, laughing.

   "Ten bucks says you won't." Robert said, grinning.

   "Won't what !?" I exclaimed.

   "Do this." Austin let go of my hand and took my face in his hands instead.

   "Baeley Marie Carson, I love you with all of my heart. You're so amazing." he leaned in slowly, and when our lips met, Alex and Robert both said, "Oooo, kill 'em."

   "You owe me ten bucks." Austin said to them, and they all smirked.

   "You guys are dumb." I shook my head, grinning.

   "But you love us." Alex said, turning back around.

   I rolled my eyes. I was getting nervous; I'd never met Austin's family besides Michele before. "Logan is gonna be so excited, he thinks you're "very beautiful" and he's probably going to want a kiss." Austin said, and I giggled.

   "He's adorable so he's allowed to have one."

   "Watch it." he grinned.

   "He's even allowed to say he loves me." I teased.

   "He's lucky I love him or I'd tell him he's not allowed to touch you."

   We were told that we were getting ready to land, and I braced myself. It was the first time I'd ever ridden on a plane before and I was scared, okay?