chapter twelve.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birth-day dear Austin and Baeley, happy birthday to you!" chorused through the room.

   "Make a wish!" Logan screamed, laughing.

   I blew out the '18' candle on my side of the large cake, and Austin blew out his.

   "What did you wish for, Baeley?" Logan asked me, grinning.

   "If I tell you, it won't come true!" I grinned, running my hand through my long hair.

   Austin kissed my cheek, and I blushed. "Happy birthday, love."

   "Happy birthday, babe." I wrapped my arms around his neck; his arms around my waist.

   "Let's cut the cake!" Aunt Lisa said, moving us to the side.

   Austin interlaced our fingers, and we sat at the table. Logan sat next to me, and Rylie sat across from us. Everyone else sat randomly, and Aunt Lisa asked Austin and I what piece we wanted.

   "I want a corner please." Austin said, still holding my hand.

   "Baeley, how about you?" she smiled.

   "I'll wait until there's an inside piece, if that's okay." I smiled back, and she nodded.

   After everyone had a piece, we were allowed to eat. Austin let go of my hand and tried to be slick by wiping frosting on my nose.

   "You did not just do that!" I laughed, wiping some on his cheek.

   "Okay, okay, enough." I said, letting him win when he wiped some on my forehead.

   He grinned. "I always win."

   I rolled my eyes. "This time."

   When we finished eating, Austin picked Logan up and we gathered outside on the patio to open presents.

   "Open mine first guys!" Logan said, handing each of us a gift.

   "Alright Logan!" Austin grinned.

   We opened them all, until only Austin and I were left to give each other our presents.

   "I'm going last so give me mine." Austin said, so I handed him the bag.

   I glanced at Rylie and she grinned. Austin looked at me when he opened it, and I blushed when he said, "I actually was just looking at this stuff the other day."

   "Well, now you don't have to look, because you've got it." Alex said, punching his arm.

   "Alright, so I wasn't going to do this, but I know how much you love pitbull dogs... so..." he paused, and I almost laughed. "Later we're going to buy you a puppy."

   I raised my eyebrows. "You're lying."

   He shook his head, grinning. "I'm being one hundred percent serious."

   I smiled, and he stuck his tongue out a little bit. "There's six puppies at the local humane society and I figured you'd rather rescue one. So after dinner I'll take you, okay?"

   I nodded enthusiastically and he grinned. "Good."

   "Okay Austin we know that's not the only thing you got her, come on, tell us." Alex said, and Mama laughed.

   "You're right," he held up his hands. "I got her something else but she's not getting it until later."

   I raised my eyebrows. "I'm curious, now."

   He kissed my cheek. "You're gonna have to wait, babe."

   We all went inside, carrying all our new stuff. Austin disappeared into the bathroom and came out wearing the outfit.

   "How do I look?" he asked, coming into the bedroom.

   "Amazing, like always." I said, kissing his cheek.

   "Well you look great too, but I hope you're not going to wear sweatpants all day!" he said, kissing my cheek.

   "Don't worry, I'm changing into the outfit Ry got me. Stay here."

   "What if I don't want to?" he raised an eyebrow.

   "Then I guess you don't. I'll be out in a minute."

   "Hurry up!"

   I slipped into the holey jeans, sequined PINK top, and the combat boots that Rylie had given me, and I brushed my hair into a messy bun.

   "No makeup. Good." Austin said, taking my hand.

   "I'm actually going to put eyeliner and mascara on." I smiled, and he rolled his eyes.

   "Well you don't need it."

   He followed me into the bathroom, watching me put the eye makeup on. I laughed as he copied me.

   "Knock it off." I said, putting it away and brushing my teeth.

   "We're going to Applebees for dinner." Alex said when we went into the living room.

   "Let's go, I'm starving!" Austin said, and everyone agreed.

   "C'mon Logan, you're riding with us!" Austin buckled him into a car seat and we left.

   We all met at Applebees, and we had a lot of fun.

   Austin and I left after we ate, and we headed to the Humane Society.