chapter fifteen.

"C'mon Logan, it's getting late. We gotta feed Oreo." Austin called.

   We were sitting on the swings and he was playing with a little girl on the slide.

   "Comin' guys!" he yelled, saying goodbye and sprinting toward us.

   "Logan since Oreo's tired I think it's okay that you walk her home." I said, holding out the leash.

   "Really?" he smiled, taking it and wrapping it around his wrist.

   Austin took my hand, and I leaned into him. "I love you."

   "I love you too, baby girl."

   I got butterflies every time he called me that. I never wanted that feeling to go away.

   Oreo kept looking back at us as if she was making sure we were still coming.

   "Logan really likes her." Austin said, and I nodded.

   "He was so happy when I gave him the leash." I laughed.

   "They're like little buddies." he grinned.

   "He's gonna be really upset when we leave..." I looked up at him sadly.

   "I know. But Aunt Lisa and Aunt Robin told Rylie they were going to adopt one we saw if he gets too upset. But don't say anything."

   That warmed my heart. We made it to the house, and I was glad to see all the cars back in the driveway.

   "Logan lemme hold her now." Austin said, retrieving the leash.

   Logan ran into the house and we followed. Alex, Zach, Robert, and Rylie were all enjoying cheescake.

   "Yo, Meezy, your guys' is in the fridge." Alex said, and I sat down at Austin's command.

   He came over with a chocolate cheescake that read, "I love you!" It was cheesy and thoughtful, and I smiled.

   "I love you too." I kissed him, and he squeezed me into a bear hug.

   "Eat it!" they said.

   We cut it and he smeared some onto my face.

   "Don't." I laughed, not even bothering to get him back.

   We finished eating and realized it was eleven at night. I yawned, and we all headed upstairs.

   "I'm gonna play the xbox okay babe?" Austin said, kissing me.

   I put Netflix on and decided on romance movies. I couldn't stay awake long enough to finish even one movie.