chapter sixteen.

I woke up the next morning with Austin's arm on my stomach. He was fast asleep still, and I grabbed my phone and opened the camera.

   I made a kiss, took the picture, and posted it on instagram. I didn't want to wake him up, but I turned towards him. He pulled me closer to him. "Go back to sleep baby. It's only five."

   He kissed me, and I took his face in my hands. "I love you."

   "I love you too." he said, his morning voice giving me butterflies.

   His body warmth made me feel safe, and I snuggled closer to him. I closed my eyes again, and fell back asleep.

•••

   "Baby girl wake up." Austin said, kissing my forehead.

   "I am." I groaned.

   "I'm going to take Oreo out, okay?" he said.

   I groaned again and he left. I felt sick, so I just stayed in the bed. I had a headache and by the time Austin came back up, it was pounding.

   "Babe I don't feel good."

   "What's wrong princess?" he asked with a look of concern on his face.

   I mumbled, "Headache."

   He shut the light off and came back to bed.

   "I'm sorry, want me to go see if there's anything you can take?"

   I nodded and he kissed me again. He left the door open, and Oreo came in, attempting to jump onto the bed. She wasn't big enough, so I reached down and picked her up.

   "Hi, baby." I kissed her.

   She licked my face and lay down. When Austin came back up, she was sleeping and I was almost asleep.

   "Babe. Take these." he whispered, and I sat up slowly.

   I swallowed the two tylenol and lay back down. He sat there for a minute and I opened my eye.

   "We were gonna go shoot some hoops."

   "Go ahead. I'll be okay." I said, cuddling with Oreo.

   "Mkay. I'll be home soon. Hopefully you're sleeping. I think my mom and them are going to a football game so nobody's gonna be here if you wake up. Call me though, okay?"

   I nodded and started drifting off. "I love you."

   "I love you too, princess. Get better." he kissed my forehead and left the door open a crack.

   I was sleeping minutes later.

•••

   When I woke up hour later, I felt much better. Oreo was asking to go  out, so I slipped her harness on. I couldn't find my shoes, so I just went barefoot.

   "Good girl." I praised when she went.

   She scrambled up the porch stairs and I laughed.

   "You're so little."

   I opened the door and she tore through the house. I shook my head and sat on the couch. Austin left me a text message saying they'd be home within the next hour or so and that he hoped I felt better. I couldn't help but think of spending the rest of my life with him. We'd had our problems. But I love him.

   "You're crazy... You're in love with Austin Mahone." I said to myself.

   "More like head over heels." Austin's voice said.

   He sat down next to me. I looked at him, he was chewing on the inside of his lip.

   "You're so cute."

   He shook his head. "That's you."

   I rolled my eyes. "No way Jose."

   "My name's Austin..."

   I don't know why but I laughed so hard that I almost puked.

   "You okay there smartass?" he said, laughing with me.

   "Says the one who just said that!"

    "I was being sarcastic." he smirked.

   When all the teenagers came in, we all decided to spend some time together and play cards.

   "Let's play Go Fish." Austin said, shuffling the two decks.

   "Is it just me, or when we were little did you call it 'gold fish'?" Alex asked, looking around at us.

   "I always did." I said.

   "Well, I was a young G back then, so I knew what it was." Zach said nonchalantly.

   We all laughed, and the game began. Eventually, Logan and Rylie joined us, and we stayed up past their bed time.