chapter seven.

•••

   "So we're going to San Antonio for your birthday?" I asked Austin.

   We were sitting in the studio, and he was supposed to be recording.

   "Yeah, we are. And you're coming because it's your party too."

   "Oh?" I questioned.

   He was sitting in front of me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he leaned back into me. "When are we leaving?" I said quietly.

   "Tomorrow. If I finish this." he said, writing.

   I wasn't supposed to see, so I didn't look. He sighed, putting the paper down.

   "I need pizza." he said suddenly, looking at me.

   "We can order it, and I'll go get it." I offered.

   He needed to go to San Antonio, and in order to do that he needed to stay and finish what he was working on.

   "Okay, I'll order it." he picked up his phone.

   A few minutes later he hung up, dropping his phone on his lap and running his hands through his hair.

   I could tell he was stressed, but I didn't know how to help.

   "Babe?" I said quietly.

   He looked up.

   "Are you okay?" I asked, a pained expression on my face.

   "Yeah, I'm just stressed. I need to finish this, and I need a break. Don't let me do anything in Texas, please. I mean... nothing stressful."

   "I'll try... But I'm not going to keep you from doing anything."

   "Actually, I need you to help me finish this. You know some notes on the guitar. I can't get this part, play a little please?" he handed me his guitar.

   I knew a little, so I played what I knew. "That's it." he exclaimed, causing me to jump a little.

   "What's it?" I asked, resting my chin on my arm.

   "You just gave me the chords. Thanks babe." he kissed my forehead.

   He started humming the lyrics, and I smiled. "You really don't want me knowing the lyrics yet, do you?"

   He smiled and shook his head. "Nope. Its a secret for Mahomies too." he said, grinning.

   "I'm sure we're gonna love it. But I'm gonna go get the pizza."

   "Love you, Baeley."

   "I love you too, Austin." I smiled.