Don't Forget Your Shoes

(@Apatton21)
   Alli was a setter for the Scott City Middle School volleyball team. Their coach told them they needed extra practice, so the girls had to get up before 6:00. Alli woke up and jumped out of bed. She was rushing around to find her clothes through the dark. She couldn't find the light switch. I'll just wing it. She thought to herself.

   She cautiously walked towards her closet and heard scratchy feet running across her floor. Weird, she thought, I don't remember letting Axl in my room last night. (Axl was Alli's dog)

    She decided to ignore it and continue her morning routine. She got dressed, slipped on her shoes, and made her way out the door. As Alli continued through her morning, she finally found the light switch and flipped it on.

   Alli was instantly confused; everything that was once on her shelves, were now scattered all over the floor. Knowing that she was running out of time, Alli simply shrugged and thought, I'll just clean it up later, after school.

   Alli continued packing her bag and realized that she needed her volleyball shoes. She quickly got up and rushed to her closet. Alli screamed as she opened the door.

   There, hung Axl, with the shoe laces from Alli's volleyball shoes wrapped around his neck. On the wall, written in his blood, said;

DON'T FORGET YOUR SHOES ALLI

   Alli shrieked with fear and quickly turned around to run from her room. She suddenly stopped when she felt a cold hand make its place on her shoulder.It was a man, his head slightly tilted to the side with a psychotic grin on his face, holding a knife in his hand and repeating 5 words,

"Don't forget your shoes, Alli. Don't forget your shoes, Alli. Don't forget your shoes, Alli..."