English Paper

This story was written by dabeastlife , Dalton Pazdernik (who I could not find on Wattpad), and me! We had to write this play for our English class. I promised the guys that I'd add it to the book because of the play's suspense and scary plot. Hope you enjoy!!

Hey Sorry, Wrong Number (rewritten)
By: Dalton, Zach, and Brynn.

(Living room, loveseat sofa in the middle. Lights turn on, girl walks in with a sack in her left hand. She is beaming brightly. Jumps onto couch and pulls new iPhone 7 from plastic bag. Turns on phone, bright light shines from the screen. The girl is smiling excitedly. Quietly, happily, whispering to herself.)

Kelly-Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! (Kicks legs and squeals excitedly.) Finally, I get a new phone! I've been stuck with that flip phone for too long. (Rolls eyes, and and makes disgusted face at the thought of her old flip phone.) Wait, I should call Becky. I have to tell her!! (Quickly dials number, holds it up to her ear and waits. Busy signal.) Why won't she pick up?! (Hangs up phone and dials number again. Quiet ring.) Come on Becky!!! (Busy signal.) Ugggg!!

(Sighs annoyingly, and shrugs. Looks at phone and begins to download apps.)

Kelly-I'll just download some apps. I'll call her later. (Quickly clicks on phone and murmurs names of popular apps.)

Kelly-(Phone buzzes.) Instagram request already?? Dang! I must be popular! (Opens Instagram and looks at username.) "I_WILL_HACK_YOU"? Weird name. (Whispers to self.) This isn't real. Right? (Starts to look at pictures.) Wow! I think this guy is serious about hacking. (Keeps scrolling through pictures. Finds disturbing, gory photos. Looks frightened.) Ummm, I think I'll just block him. (Starts to block then notices profile.) The profile says "Don't block or else." (Starts to look around.) Creep. But better safe than sorry. (Clicks 'BLOCK USER' button)

(*DING* Kelly's phone goes off. Chat in SnapChat from 'Anonymous User')

Kelly-What in the world?... (Open's chat and reads message out loud)"DEAR KELLY, I SEE YOU'VE ACCEPTED MY FOLLOW REQUEST. BUT AFTER LOOKING AT MY PICTURES YOU HAVE SEEMED TO HAVE BLOCKED ME BY ACCIDENT. PLEASE UNBLOCK ME WITHIN THE NEXT 20 MINUTES OR ELSE. SINCERELY- Hacker_666" Umm...

(Before Kelly had time to do anything, her phone starts glitching and she gasps. Kelly quickly dials up Apple. Ringing.)

Kelly- Please pick up, please pick up. Oh, hello! Please, come and fix my phone. It turned super glitchy after I looked at this guy's user on Instagram. (Murmurs on the other line.) No, I don't have any security questions. Just help me fix my phone! (More murmurs) My name is Kelly Stevenson and I just need you to fix my phone. And no, I don't want a replacement! (Aggressively pokes her phone and hangs up.) Stupid answering machines. Can I not just talk to a real human being?! (Phone rings again, anonymous number.)

Hacker- (With weird cracks in voice.) I told you to unblock meeee. But you didn't. Now you will pay. (Creepy laugh then silence.)

Kelly-(Shocked, panicky, and jittery.) Oh my goodness, why would somebody do that?? I mean, I didn't mean to let him follow me. It seemed harmless. Oh, gosh. (Picks up cell phone.) I'm calling the cops! (Quickly dials 911 and waits. Hears the phone pick up with chomping noises on other line.) Uh, hello? Hello! Please, officer. There's something wrong with my phone, it's all glitchy and- (Only hears more chomping.) Hello? Sir? (More firmly.) Sir!

Duffy-(A larger man appears, he has a very unpleasant voice.) Oh! Ahh, sorry ma'am. I had to finish my donut. (Chomps loudly.) What may I help you with? (Licks fingers.)

Kelly- (Very quickly.) Officer, I need your help. There's this man, he called me and said if I don't unblock him on Instagram, I'll pay. And right now I'm really scared. You need to contact the FBI before something- (Cut off by Duffy, responding quickly.)

Duffy- (Acts confused.) May I ask you one question real quick miss?

Kelly-(Annoyed, sarcastic.) And what would that be, sir?

Duffy-(Completely serious.) What is Instagram?

Kelly-(Highly annoyed.) Are you serious? Are you like 50 years old?

Duffy-(Laughs.) 52 actually, ma'am.

Kelly-(Annoyed and frustrated.) You're hopeless! (Slams down the phone. Talking to self.) What is up with cops now a days? (Phone rings.) It's him again! (Very panicky now.)

Hacker-(Over the phone, scratchy time.) I told you to unblock meee! But did you?

Kelly-(Stuttering.) Umm... I-I don't know.

Hacker-(Very loud.) No! (Kelly jumps on the other line.) You didn't so I will be coming very soon. (Creepy laugh from before. Kelly panics and quickly hangs up the phone.)

Kelly-Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! (Kelly panics, quickly hangs up the phone, and dials 911. Ringing.) Please, please, please.

Duffy-(Sounds of Duffy licking his fingers once more.) What may I help you with ma'am?

Kelly-(Frightened and talking quickly.) I'm going to be murdered!! Call the FBI. I need help! There's a man coming for me! Please come- (Cut off by Duffy's noises.)

Duffy-(Bored.) Do you know this man?

Kelly-(Sarcastic.) He's a guy from Instagram. Duh? No, I don't know him!

Duffy-The murder has not been committed. But I will look into it for you. (Acting proud since he knows his stuff.)

Kelly-(Looking very annoyed.) Can't you do something now?? (Hears loud thump. Gasp.) Did you hear that??

Duffy-(Yawns.) I have a new assistant and she is very annoying. I'll call you back when she leaves. (A smug smile comes out as another donut is pulled out.) Bye.

Kelly-(Hears other line hang up. Shocked.) But- Oh no. What now? (Lights flicker off. Hears another loud thump. Kelly jumps behind the coach. *DING* Phone goes off. Picture pops up onto phone. Hacker appears though broken window?)

Hacker-(Proud that he made such an entrance.) What did I tell you? (Laugh.) I said, to NOT block me!! Now you'll pay! (Hacker takes phone, throws it across the room, and leaves the room. (Kelly lets out a relieved sigh and quickly find old flip phone and dials 911. Waits. Hacker runs back in.) Oh yeah! I forgot, one more thing. (Hackertakes phone from Kelly. Pulls out knife. Murders Kelly. Murmurs from flip phone.)

Duffy-Hello? Hello?

Hacker-(Hacker picks up flip phone.) Sorry, wrong number. (Hangs up the phone. Hacker takes picture of dead Kelly and posts it, along with all the other gory pictures on his Instagram.) Instagram. Post.

BOWS