Charlie

rrestppel
Riley walked into the living room. It was morning and Harper was talking to Charlie, her imaginary friend. Harper was Riley's sister and was always telling Riley how great her friend was. Her mom was very worried about Harper. She said having an imaginary friend makes her unsocial with the real world. Riley didn't have a problem with it. A lot of the time she would just play along for Harper's sake.
   "Morning Harper," Riley yawned as she walked into the room.
   "Good morning Riley," replied Harper. "Don't be rude Riley, say 'hi' to Charlie,"
   Riley rolled her eyes and laughed. "Hi Charlie," she said sarcastically.
   "We're going to play checkers in my room," Harper announced. "We'll be back soon"
Riley made her way to the kitchen to fix a bowl of cereal. We need to tell Harper that Charlie isn't real before school starts. Riley thought to herself. Her mom entered the kitchen and Riley told her what she thought a moment ago.
   "I agree," said her mom. "I'll tell her in a few minutes."
   "Okay," Riley agreed. Then she walked out of the room to pack her bag before school. I hope Harper takes this okay. Riley thought. I mean, she'd get picked on if she didn't know. Like all the kids at school would be- Her thoughts were cut off by one of Harper's sad cries. Guess she knows now.
   Riley walked into the living room to see Harper running towards her with tears running down her face. She hugged her and Riley tried to calm her down.
"Charlie IS real. I don't care what anyone says, he's real." Harper shouted.
Riley shook her head, "Well then, where is he?"
Harper pointed to her room, "There, he's upset because mommy said he's not real."
Riley nodded her head and walked into Harper's room. Poor girl. Riley opened the door to the room and her jaw dropped open in shock.
Just as she opened the door she saw a checkers piece move... By itself.
Riley ran to the corner of the room in fear as she saw a pair of shoes moving towards her. "Charlie?" Riley asked in awe. Then she was pinned to the wall by the invisible figure.
   "Yep, it's Charlie!" The figure yelled into her ear. She could actually feel his breath against her ear.
    Riley squirmed to get away but it was no use. She felt the figure lean closer to her face. "Since you took Harper from me, you can be my new friend." Riley could almost hear him grin. He let go of her then ran to the door and locked it.
   "Wanna play checkers?"

Short ThrillsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara