Science Fair

DDanela2321
Danela's POV;
   Because I was an eighth grader this year, I had to help monitor the 6th grade science fair. I was staring at my reflection in the mirror in the girls bathroom. I quickly fixed my hair and slapped on my name tag onto my shirt. I nodded in pleasure as I looked myself over. Good for now, I thought.
As I made my way down to the gym, I saw all of the kids sitting at their tables with their science projects in front of them. I giggled to myself because I found all of these 'mini scientists' very adorable. I grabbed my clipboard the teachers gave me just in case anyone 'misbehaved'. As I continued down the line of tables, I stopped at one that caught my eye. It was a traditional volcano you see at every science fair. The boy sitting at the table asked me if I wanted a demonstration. I smiled and nodded my head.
The boy was excited to show me. He excitedly jumped behind his poster board and clicked a few buttons. The table shook but quickly resolved when colorful bubbles and suds erupted from the mouth of the mini volcano. My mouth curled into another smile as I clapped my hands in amusement. "Very good." I complimented him.
"Thank you!" The young boy replied shyly.
I kept walking down the lines of tables, stopping every now and then to have a demonstration or explanation from one of the kids' projects. There was one in particular that I was curious about. So, I walked up to a little girl's table. She was dressed in a small pink dress with her blonde hair in two pony tails on either side of her head. "Hello." I said.
"Hi," she replied.
"Can you tell me about your project?" I asked, gesturing to her poster board telling about the brains of dogs. The small girl nodded and started explaining. In the middle of her presentation, she stopped talking, as if she forgot something.
"Oh," she said. "One more thing."
She reached down under her table and into a cardboard box. The girl pulled out a small glass jar containing some weird substance. She held it up and beamed proudly.
"This," she stated. "Is a dog's brain."
I bursted out laughing. "That?" I asked sarcastically. "Is a dog's brain?" I was laughing so hard that tears were forming in my eyes.
"Sure is, miss," the girl said confidently. She unscrewed the lid and plopped the 'brain' into her hand with a squishy sounding 'SPLAT'. "See?"
I wiped the tears from my eyes and leaned forward, examining the 'dog brain'. This girl has a huge imagination, I thought. But then, I saw a blue vein bulge from it. I fell onto the floor and screamed so loud, it echoed in the gym.
"Shh," said the girl with her finger up to her lips. She brought the brain over to me and held it over my face. Gooey slime dripped off it and onto my face, making me cringe.
"Where did you get that??" I asked through my trembling lips.
"From my dog," replied the girl shrugging. She pointed to her project. "The rest of him is over in that cardboard box under my table."