Don't stay out too late

(evelyngonzalez_ , gabebowers , egiap11 )
   "Hurry up," yelled Evelyn.
   "I can't," Gabe yelled back. "It's really hard to run in these!" He was gesturing to his ripped, thin soled shoes.
   "Calm down you two," Paige said. "We've got all night, it's not like the candy's gonna run out." Gabe rolled his eyes.
  "No kidding, Halloween is full of never ending candy and weird costumes."
   "Fine," Evelyn glared at them. "Don't say it's my fault when you two are the ones getting kidnapped by clowns!" She laughed and ran down the street with her two friends staggering to keep up behind her.
                                                                          * * *
   Paige dragged her bag of candy down the street. "Can we go home now?" Evelyn shot a her a look.
   "Well maybe if we ran, we would've hit all the houses by now." Gabe's bag broke open and his candy spilled all over the ground. He groaned.
   "Evelyn's right Paige, but it's almost 11:00. We should head home now." Evelyn adjusted her boots.
   "Fine," Evelyn said. "Let's at least hit these last few houses before we go home."
   "Deal," agreed Gabe.
   "Are you sure?" Paige asked hesitantly. "It's kind of in the sketchy part of town." Evelyn laughed.
   "You scared?" She teased. Paige shrugged. "Let's just get this over with."
The three kids ran up to the first house and rang the doorbell. A middle aged woman opened the door and dropped three pieces of candy in their bags. "Where's your bag?" The lady asked Gabe.
   "Had too much," he shrugged. "It ripped, just like my pants in the next few hours."
   The lady laughed. "Well, good luck to you kids." The kids thanked them and walked out the door. Evelyn started running, again. Gabe and Paige ran after her. But suddenly, Paige stopped and screamed as she dramatically fell in the middle of the street.
   "Paige?? What's wrong?" Evelyn yelled.
   "Oh, nothing," replied Paige, standing up and brushing herself off. "I just wanted you to stop running." Evelyn punched her in the arm.
   "That's not funny."
   "It's very funny." Paige laughed and Gabe joined in with her. They continued laughing and walking down the street until a figure jumped in front of them.
   "Oh, shoot!" Gabe shrieked.
It was a man dressed with baggy, rainbow pants, a white blouse, curly black hair, and big, red shoes. His face was white with red circles on his cheeks and blue triangles on his eyelids. In other words, he was a clown.
The kids tried to run but the man grabbed Paige and Gabe by the arms. "Want some candy?" The clown man asked, a horrifying look glistened in his eyes.
   "No!" Paige yelled as she struggled from the man's grip.
   "Oh, but would you like some?" He gestured to Evelyn, who stood ready to fight him off.
   "No!" She screamed. "Let 'em go!" She kicked the man and attempted to pry the clown's fingers from Gabe's arm, only to be snatched up into the man's grasp along with her two other friends.
   "Who would've thought I could get three kids with two hands?" The clown man chuckled with himself. "Now, let's go play hide-and-seek," The clown man swiftly carried the three squirming children into the night. Leaving nothing behind but an eerie silence to fill the dark, empty street.