The Sleepover

(judy2021 pmvulgamore)
   After school, Paige was very sad. Everyone was in a bad, grumpy mood and she didn't know why. Her friend Judy felt pity on her and wanted to cheer her up. Judy hugged her and asked if Paige would want to go to her house after the game.
"Sure!" Paige replied.
                                                                        * * *
"What movie?" Asked Judy.
   "I don't care, you pick." Paige said. So, Judy started rummaging though her pile of movies of the floor. Sorting the scary from the romantic from the sad.
Nancy, Judy's sister, barged though the door, "I'm having a friend over. Mind if we grab some movies?"
   "Sure!" Judy replied. So, Nancy took a few horror movies and headed out. "Who's Nancy having over?" Asked Paige.
   "Not sure," said Judy, "I think she's some new girl in high school."
   "Oh. What's her name?" Judy thought for a moment.
   "I don't know, someone told me she's mental or something. So, I'm guessing Nancy's just trying to be nice and make friends with her." Paige shrugged.
"Oh, okay."
* * *
Paige rolled to her side. She couldn't sleep. Judy was snoring on the other side of the room. Of course. She thought. Paige decided to get up and walk around since sleep wasn't an option.
She was walking around, humming a few songs, when suddenly she heard thumping on the wall. What the... Then she heard a shriek. This scared Paige. Maybe it's just their movie. She thought. I'll go tell them to turn it down.
She walked to Nancy's room and saw the light of the TV through the crack of the door. She peeked around the door but only saw Nancy's friend. She sat in the middle of the room and wore a pale, white dress and had black, matted hair. Maybe she IS mental. Paige thought. She looked around the room but couldn't find Nancy. Knowing Nancy, she's already asleep. She thought. Paige shrugged and walked back to Judy's room. She laid on the floor and finally fell asleep.
* * *
Paige woke up and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. She made her way to the kitchen and found Judy, with her head down, crying on the kitchen table. "Judy what's wrong?" Paige asked sympathetically.
  "Nancy..." Judy wept. "Nancy died last night." This hit Paige,
"What? How? What happened?" Judy just cried harder.
"I don't know, she was found dead in her bed. Pale, with bruises all over." She put her head back down and cried. Paige was upset by this but was curious about what happened to Nancy. She thought back to last night, when no one was in the room but that girl.
   Paige walked down the dark hallway to Nancy's room. The door was still cracked open and the TV was still on. Paige worked up the courage to go in. She slowly opened the door, only to find the TV on static. Huh, Paige thought. Where is she?..
   As if on command, a drop of blood fell to the floor. Paige looked up. The girl with the black hair and white dress, on all fours, hung from the ceiling like a spider. She had a wicked grin on her face and blood dripping from her hands. "I'm here." She said with a scratchy voice. Her neck made cracking noises as she turned her head completely around to see Paige upright. "Wanna watch a movie with me?" The girl asked with envy. Paige shook her head and and ran into the now closed door. She was trapped. The girl crawled up to Paige and asked, "Wanna be my friend?" Paige shook her head once more. "Then die." The girl said almost too calmly. She grabbed Paige by her neck and the girl whispered, "Now you, me, and Nancy will all be friends. Forever."