Behind The Mirror

cCBoden101
Ghost's POV;
I stared back at the blonde boy who was looking into the mirror, getting ready for school. I watched him do this every morning, for I was trapped in this mirror since I was murdered 40 years ago. I longed for somebody to free me for years, but nobody can hear me behind this glass.
I've been studying the the 'Ghosts For Beginners' handbook for a while, but I'm about halfway through and it still hasn't given me a map, spell, or some freaky voodoo to get me out of here. That was until today, I read a chapter called 'Mirror Miracles';
TRAPPED IN A MIRROR? EASY, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GET SOMEBODY TO STAND OUTSIDE YOUR MIRROR. THEN, YOU HAVE TO MAKE YOURSELF TRANSPARENT, JUMP THROUGH THE MIRROR, AND "POOF!" YOU'RE OUTTA THERE. BUT JUST FOR GOOD MEASURES, UNDEAD PROFESSORS RECOMMEND THAT YOU POSSESS A LIVING BODY TO KEEP YOUR OWN EXISTENCE HIDDEN.
That easy, huh? I thought to myself. Let's try it. So, I took a few steps back and sprinted towards the mirror. The closer and closer the mirror got, the more hope I felt for getting out of this place. BONK!! My head bounced off the mirror and I stumbled back. I held my head in my hands, wincing and wondering why this hurt me even when I was already dead. Anyway, I tried over and over to get out of the mirror until the blonde boy had left for school. I sat and pouted, then waited for the boy to return. I continued trying, even when my head throbbed.

Carter's POV;
   I left the bathroom and started heading to school, trying to ignore the mild thumping coming from the bathroom. But curiosity got the best of me and forced me to turn back around. I was briskly walking to the bathroom until I stood face to face with the mirror that held my reflection. I started backing away from the mirror and looking around to find the source of the noise. THUMP!!
I quickly jerked up and ran to the mirror. There was someone's face imprinted into the glass. It was a girl.
I cocked my head to the side and stared at the mirror closely. My face slowly inched towards the imprinted mirror. Then suddenly, I started to see my reflection rippling like water. Then the girl jumped out, screaming as she came at my face, sending a cold rush through my body.

Ghost's POV;
I broke through the mirror, finally, and quickly invaded the blonde boy's body. Happiness filled me, or him. I was so proud that I finally made it out of that gosh, darn mirror. I, or he, walked to the front door. I grabbed his backpack and filled it with money and food. Then I left the house, journeying into the world. And starting over again. Except this time, I'll be undead and living under the name of Carter Gooden.

Not too scary, but I thought I needed to incorporate the villain/ghost/monster/etc. into the story this time. So, just beware next time you look into the mirror. ;)