The Vendor

(bellamyers333)
Bella's POV;
I was walking down Main Street, heading to the park for Wimmydiddle. I saw the grassy park filled with tents, shops, and vending carts. I walked a little quicker as I saw the food trucks and vending carts lined it up the street. I ignored the many "hellos" from my friends. Don't they know? There's food just yards from me and I'm going to do anything I can to get to it.
   The closer I got, the more I could smell the delicious fried foods. Yum! I jumped in line for the vending cart that sold fried chicken. My friend, David, joined me. We talked until we reached the front of the line.
   "What would you like?" the vendor asked, gesturing towards David.
   "I'll just have a Coke,"
   "Alright, then." The vendor fixed up a Coke, poured it in a styrofoam cup, and handed it to David.
   "I'll be waiting for you at the table," David said, waving to my friends who were obviously claiming two spots for us.
   "Okay, thanks," I said turning back to the vendor and his cart.
   "Now, what would you like, young lady?" Asked the vendor.
   "Just a Three-piece Chicken Finger Basket, please."
   "Okay," the vendor said politely, "One moment please."
   I stood there and waited for my food. Ding. My phone buzzed in my pocket. "David" it read. I opened the text.
   Are you coming? I have to leave soon.
   I started typing back, Yes, hold on.
   "Here you go, ma'am," the vendor handed me the styrofoam box filled with chicken.
   "Thanks," I said. I walked towards the table with all my friends telling about Wimmydiddle and what they got. I opened my box and picked up my chicken finger, dipped it in ketchup, and took a bite.
   Crunch.
   I looked down at my food. It tasted funny. I closely examined my chicken finger, only to spit out what was in my mouth and start gagging. I immediately threw my food on the ground and screamed. Yes, I was obviously making a scene.
   What did I find? Well, I found a bone in the middle of my chicken with bright, red flesh surrounding it. Dripping out with thick, red blood. In other words, it wasn't a chicken finger... It was a human finger.