Chapter 27- Don't Shoot The Messenger

First off guys! Oh my gosh!!!!!! 103,256 reads?!?!? Way to go! I feel so blessed that y'all have taken the time to go over and read my story. This journey with Addy and Draco began as just a whim, but it has evolved into this giant masterpiece and none of this would be possible without you guys! So give yourself a big pat on the back! Thank you for being patient when I wouldn't upload for months, when I did things you didn't like with the plot line, when I put your favorite character in harms way, and everything that I've done. You guys are fantastic and I love you!! So without further ado, here is the next chapter!

Addy POV

I hated when he left.

There was always a knot in my stomach that made it feel like I was about to be sick.

I never knew if he would come back to me and that terrified me more than anything I could imagine. I hated it.

While Draco was gone, I tried to distract myself with cleaning the kitchen and taking care of Allissia. She was an absolute angel. I had quickly grown to love this little girl in a weird way.

I had never given much thought to becoming a mum, but suddenly it felt like I had been thrown into a world of motherhood. Ginny was getting ready for a baby to come into her life, an unexpected, wonderful little person. I had unexpectedly become the guardian over someone else's child, and Lupin and Tonks were getting ready to welcome their first baby into the world.

It was strange to me, considering how there was so much death surrounding us, that we could still bring new people into this world. It terrified me and gave me a small glimmer of hope within my stomach and chest.

It was a nice feeling to have.

Standing in the kitchen with Allissia sitting in her high chair, Ginny waddled in as I was washing dishes in the sink.

"Ugh," she groaned, "I feel huge already and I'm only 5 months along." She grumbled.

"Isn't it beautiful? Soon you should apply to become your own country!" I said cheerfully.

She glared at me.

"Hilarious, Addy, you should give that one to Fred and George to put in the joke shop."

"No, think about it! We could design a flag and everything." I snorted.

"Oh shut it." Ginny said lumbering past me to the table.

In the past few weeks, Ginny's stomach had for lack of a better word, exploded. The small demure bump that had previously announced her little bundle of joy, was now impossible to conceal with baggy robes and thick coats. In addition to this, the baby had decided he or she did not like being so confined and squirmed constantly, a lot of times making Ginny uncomfortable.

My smile faded as I stared out the rain lashed window, watching the waves rumble and crash further down the beach.

"Draco left today, didn't he?" Ginny said softly.

At the sound of Draco's name, Allissia looked up and squealed happily looking around for him.

When she didn't see him, she threw her bowl of cereal and the floor, splattering milk and bits of food all over the floor.

I sighed as I beheld the mess.

"Well aren't you a grumpy one this morning." I said, but not unkindly.

Ginny looked at me expectantly.

"Yes." I answered Ginny as I leaned down picking up the bowl.

"I'm sorry." Ginny said getting out of her chair to help me clean up.