Chapter 9 - The woods are dangerous at night

I'm so getting better at uploading ! <3

So, what do you think off the book so far???

:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*

Jessie's POV

Checking my watching I sloughed down on the sofa, Paul should be here in about 15 minutes, I mentally groaned, I don’t think I’m ready for another beating, He always gets proper drunk when he gets back from a business trip. God knows why.

 Pulling myself up from the black leather sofa I walked through to the kitchen to get the food out the oven. Lasagne. Opening the oven door a blast off hot air came to my face, I cringed as it blew back my hair uncovering the bangs and bruises from my head. Quickly pulling it out of the oven stopping the heat blast as I stood up with the lasagne in the oven glove placing it on the side I heard a car pull into the drive way.

 Closing my eyes to try and calm my heart beat from going faster, I was starting to panic. I quickly cut the lasagne up into a reasonable shaped piece and placed it on a plate with some salad, and placed it on the table then rushing through to the hall way and I was nearly up the stairs thinking I was home freeway, the door made a smash against the frame. Before I could even move further up the stairs, I felt myself fall forward as my chin cracked on the top step, I felt one of my back teeth wobble; he had launched a shoe at my back. Closing my eyes tight to stop the salty tears run down my cheeks, when I cried the beating got worse.

Hoping he would just walk away and go through to the kitchen. Oh god Please please please please! I begged to myself.

‘Stupid bitch’ he muttered as he slugged through to the kitchen.

 I let out a long breath I didn’t realise I was holding, quickly sprinting to my room and locking the door behind me, I just hope that my jaw hadn’t broken, I had already been to the hospital to many times. Gently running my fingers across my jaw line, I felt it wasn’t broken, but there was going to be one heck of a bruise there in the morning and the worst thing is that I can’t afford any more time off, I already had last week off, I’m just going to have to put foundation over the bruise.

I need a walk but I the hell was I going to get out when that monster is down there.

I walked through to the bathroom and quickly got showed, dried then slipping into some grey joggers, a cream top and a black hoody then pulling on my grey pumps. Looking at the door I knew I could make it, but what if he was walking through then he would question me and probably give me a beating. I cringed at the thought of another.  

Taking a deep breath I slowly crept down the stairs, glancing over the banister I could see him walking through to the kitchen, this was my chance.

I held my breath and sprinted down the stairs and out the door slowly closing the big door behind me, hopefully he hadn’t noticed.

I dragged my feet round the back of the house and down the back garden towards the woods. I frowned when I saw the fence broken, I gulped hard when I realise that it was the night I saw the big black wolf with the adorable deep crystal blue eyes. They were memorising and I could look at them- Wait! Why am I thinking this? I shook my head and carried on walking towards the depth of the woods.

Listening carefully I heard water trickling down a small steam, leaning back on a tree I sat next to the small stream and listened to the water running down it. Closing my eyes this has been the most I have relaxed in a long while. A small smile grew on my face as I remember memories with my mum.

Shooting my eyes open I heard a crack, like someone or something was coming closer, I jumped up to my feet, the smile had long gone as a wave off fear came across me, I saw to blue eyes coming out of the blackness of the woods, it wasn’t human, it was like the wolf I saw.

As it came closer, I retreated back the way I came, getting faster as he walked forward. Letting out a ear spitting scream I turned and ran. I know it was stupid but I couldn’t help but run, my foot caught on a branch on the wood floor, smashing my leg on a log as I landed face first to the muddy floor, I tried to get up, my foot was stuck in a small hole. Yanking at my leg I saw the wolf coming closer. I managed to pull out my foot but my shoe was still stuck and I wasn’t going to risk my life for a shoe. Getting up I ran as fast as my sore legs would carry me.

Reaching my broken fence I stopped, breathing fast I tried to calm myself down, I glanced up at the night sky, I heard a howl. As my breathing came to a stop, I walked inside to find Paul asleep on the kitchen floor with spilt beer round the broken bottle. Walking past him I made myself u to my room, he would be gone my morning.

Stripping off I sat on my bed with my PJ’s on, I had cut my shin when I fell over, not to serious though. Pulling back the covers I was lost in sleep.

*************************************

What'd you think!

This chapter is for my friend lauren !!!! ive finally uploaded!

Until next time guys !

Comment.....Vote.....Fan!

YellowBigSmile xx <3