Chapter VIII

Livia

I woke up this morning with no trace of Valak, other than his lingering scent. I had found myself cuddling the pillow he once rested his head on. Admittedly, I felt much better, and more energetic.

It was the afternoon, and boredom had hit it's peak. There was absolutely nothing to do in this giant suite to keep my mind off of Valak. I tried reading from the small library the suite provided, but that only last about an hour. There was tv, but I've never been much of a fan of it.

So, instead, I wandered around the suite looking for things to do. I redecorated a little, but most of the furniture was too heavy to maneuver. To my dismay, there seemed to be no traces of art supplies anywhere. My fingers yearned to get themselves on some paintbrushes.

A knock from the front door made me freeze in my place.

"I could walk in since I'm the one who enchanted the door, but I figured it'd be more polite to knock!" A female voice said through the door. It definetly wasn't Lilith, he voice had a softer undertone.

I hesitantly made my way to the door and slowly pulled it open. A woman who looked to be a few years older than me stood in the doorway with a grin on her face. She had pin straight, black hair, and piercing green eyes. Her eyeliner was so perfect I wondered if it'd be rude to ask if she can do mine.

"Hell-O." She said cheerfully, "I am Selena."

I offered a sheepish smile when she stuck out her hand, "I'm Livia." I said while shaking her hand.

Black braclets covered her pale, thin wrists. I then noticed the incredibly tight dress she wore with an incredibly long cardigan. But nonetheless, she made it work.

"Tell me, have you eaten?" She asked and took a stride into my suite.

"Um... I don't mean to sound rude, but, why are here?" I asked as nicely as possible.

For all I know she could be some blood thirsty vampire waiting for the proper moment to attack.

"Oh, my bad. I'm here to take you shopping." My mouth fell open.

"Shopping?"

"Look, you and I both know having Valak's servants shop for you was a horrible idea." She said in a hushed tone.

Even though I had just met the woman, she was right. None of the clothes were my taste. Even the dresses were a little skippier than I'd prefer, it's as if a man purchased those items.

"I... totally agree." I said defeatedly.

Selena frowned, "Awe, you poor girl. Let's go get you hooked up for your man!" She said excitedly.

She grabbed my upper arm and dragged me from my suite before u could protest. Luckily, I already had on a pair of shoes due to not feeling completely comfortable barefoot.

Selena sneaked us out of the castle by casting some invisibility spell. Which had me conclude that she is indeed a witch.

Vampires, check

Soulmates, check

Witches, check

What's next, werewolves?

I chuckled to myself at the thought as Selena drove swiftly on the dirt roads. It took a good hour to get to what looked like a strip mall.

Selena dragged me into numerous stores and bought me hundreds upon hundreds of dollars worth of clothing. I begged dozens of times to stop swiping that endless credit card of hers, but she insisted. All the while, there was a glint of mischief in her eyes that made me feel uneasy.