Chapter XXXIX

M A T U R E C O N T E N T 17 +

Livia

Today was the day Valak was leaving to train his army. I felt like one of those wives seeing their husbands off to war. I sat on the bed as I watched him change out of his beach clothes. He had taken me to the beach where we swam and joked like lovestruck teenagers.

It almost made it worse because I had completely forgotten that he was leaving just a few hours from then.

"Don't look so sad, love." Valak said while kneeling before me. His lips pecked my bulging belly over my sundress.

I held back the daring tears that wanted to pour from my ducts, and offered a small smile instead.

"I'm not sad." I half croaked from trying to sound fine.

"I'll be back before our baby is born."

"Please, just... come back to us." I begged. Valak's dark eyes swirled with emotions I tried to decipher. I didn't like that he masked himself from me.

My hand went up to his stubbled cheek and caressed it, "Why do you hide from me, when it's impossible for me to hide from you?" I asked.

A look of surprise passed his handsome features, and I felt his presence flipping the pages of my mind.

"It would be a burden to know my pain, Livia." He muttered. My eyes widened at his confession. My other hand came up to his other cheek.

"I already told you that sharing your pain with me wouldn't be a burden. If it's for you, it's a privilege to ease your ache." I said truthfully.

A dark chuckled left his plump lips, which actually startled me, "You're too perfect for me. I don't understand why the moon goddess gifted me with such a gem."

"Val--" His lips colliding with mine made me forget what I was going to say overall.

My hands went from his cheeks, to the nape of his neck where I gripped his thick hair. His kisses were soft, but dominant. Every time I thought he'd let me take control, he just growl and take it back.

His hands weaved their journey from my waist, to the sides of my hips where he squeezed. At some point, my back hit the plush mattress, as Valak crawled over me to stay in touch with my lips.

My core ached for the attention his clothed erection wasn't fulfilling.

"Valak... please." I half moaned against his lips that continued devouring mine. Our tongues fought, only for mine to submit under his. Valak fucked my mouth with his tongue thoroughly, leaving no part untouched.

"Fuck, I shouldn't have started this." He groaned once pulling away from my lips and resting his head in the crook of my neck.

"Well, you're going to finish it." I stated and brought my lips back to his. My attempt to dominate his mouth was a failed one. Nonetheless, I continued to try.

I gasped when Valak's strong hand gripped my ass. The low growl in the base of his throat warned me to stop disobeying.

"I want you, baby." Another growl, only this one was deeper. It hummed from his chest, and vibrated against mine. I moaned, that feeling had my nipples erecting.

His lips sucked his mark on my neck, only making me call out for him more. A large hand skimmed the thin layer of my sundress. His knees spread my legs further to his liking.

"I can fucking smell it." Valak groaned into my skin. I bit my lip painfully as his fingers traced my inner thigh.

My fingers raced to his white dress shirt, I wanted to feel him; skin to skin. I undid a few top buttons, then Valak pulled the garment over his head.