Chapter XXXII

Valak

All I saw was red.

The beast was unleashed. I couldn't stand her pain that I had no control over. All I could do was bare some of it with her to ease it just a fraction.

Those filthy fucking lycans I made the mistake of calling her guard, betrayed me. They had the nerve. I couldn't sense Livia, I had nothing to lead me to her. Our bond was weakening somehow, but I knew it'd never snap apart.

But fuck! I've been searching for a fucking week already, and still have no major leads as to her whereabouts.

A soft knock on my office door barely pulled me from my thoughts.

"What!" I roared, my voice was slightly deeper with the presence of my beast.

Seconds later, the door was quickly swung open, and Lilith stood in the doorway. Her eyes scanned my mauled office before they met mine.

Just as she took a step in, Orcus rushed to her side in panic. He yanked her to his side and took a step in front of her.

"Valak, are you present?" He questioned, his eyes searching my pained ones. The beast and I nodded in unison. My fists clenched and unclenched as I grew impatient.

Lilith tried to step towards me, but Orcus wouldn't allow it.

"We've received a letter." Lilith said quietly. I glanced at her trembling hand that began to rise, a paper was in her grasp.

Orcus snatched it from her hand and sent her a warning glare. I would've scolded him any other day, but I knew he was only trying to keep her safe from me.

"It's from--" He was cut off when I speedily snatched the letter from him. I yanked it open, the scent of lycanthrope blood hitting my senses. More specifcally, the blood of her two guards.

After all of that effort, you've failed
Now it is I who will prevail
First Blood will be drawn by my knife
For I have taken your life
The life that I will break, and make mine
Prepare for when the darkness and moon align

Your fate is for all to see

But for now, your secret is safe with me

A roar from the beast itself shook the entire castle. I fucked up everything in sight. The demon went on a rampage.

"He took her!" I bellowed as I punched through the stone wall.

"He took her from me!"

"Valak, you need to take control." Orcus shouted as I threw my fist into the stone wall.

"Orcus..." I said through clenched teeth.

Her gulped almost silently, "Yes, sire?"

"Have our best trackers inspect all of the letters received by the fallen ones." I commanded lowly.

My gaze remained locked on my buried fist in stone. I finally yanked it out when Orcus and Lilith were out of earshot.

My original method wouldn't work to find Livia. Luckily, I have many more.

● ● ●