Chapter XXVI

Valak

"I'm only going to repeat myself one more time. What information did you share?" I said darkly, my eyes void of anything but darkness. 

Selena spit at my feet and laughed bitterly, "I'll tell you everything you wish to know... but you know the price."

"Are you going to make this difficult? Because if you are, the beast and I have been thirsting for a decent torture. We haven't had one in months."

Selena's eyes widened for a split second, "You wouldn't! After everything?" This wrench thought she meant something to me? At that, I let out a menacing, haunting laugh I knew shook her to the bone.

"You were nothing more than a pussy to warm my cock." I scoffed. She narrowed her eyes at me in distaste. 

"You're nothing more than a half breed, a beast." She spat, her mouth forming a sinister grin.

My smile only grew wider, because her words were more true than she probably hoped. I took slow, dominating steps towards the snitch of a being. She tried to keep her demeanor calm, but when you've seen more helpless faces than not, you see straight through it.

Once I was close enough, I gripped her chin and pulled her towards me. The chained bound around her wrists only allowing her to move a few inches towards my pull.

"That, I am." I said lowly, my breath fanning over her face. My nails elongated as the beast emerged. Selena whimpered out when my sharp, black nails dug into her chin, leaving pricks of blood to trickle down her throat that I so desperately wanted to tear out.

"You need me, you know?" She finally said. I squeezed her jaw tighter, faint sounds of cracking were heard from the pressure I applied to the bone.

"I don't need anything from you."

She smirked, "How will you submerge it? The beast? It wants out." She mocked.

"I know other ways that don't include a lick of your compensation. Now, you will either bleed, or you will give me the answers I want." I said. 

"So, you think fucking your little, human mate is supposed to tame it? You've given it a bite, but it wants more. He wants to devour the very thing you seek to protect. The biggest danger to Livia, is you." 

Both my hands wrapped around her dainty neck, "You dare come into my kingdom and speak such blasphemy?! I should end you at this moment, but you still need to be taught the art of dominance." I growled in her ear.

I felt the demon emerging and yanked myself away from her. 

"See? You. Need. Me." She stated. 

"Remember those words because they are the last ones that will defy me." I spat and paced to the back of the room where various torture weapons hung. I smiled darkly to myself when my eyes landed on one of my favorite simple ones. I grabbed the handmade, ancient whip from it's place and turned. From this side of the room, it was too dark for Selena's witch eyes to see, until I slowly crept closer.

"You'll regret this." She whispered as I walked behind her and tore the back of her dress, exposing her pale, flawless back to me. I smiled sadistically as I ran the tail of the whip down her back making her shiver in anticipation.  

Despite her calm exterior, the fear leaking from her pores ruined her facade. Her heart beat spiked when I yanked the whip to strike the floor. The snap of the whip made her flinch, but she still refused to give in.

More fun for me. 

Without further warning, I rose the whip and created the first mark upon her spin. A muffled cry only a being with my advanced senses could've heard came from the back of her throat. By the the fifth strike, blood was beginning to arise from her slashed wounds. By strike ten, she was crying out as I held nothing back.