Chapter two

Chapter two
A

"Hey!" I turn my head from the lovely view of grass and mountains

"Hey!" I turn my head from the lovely view of grass and mountains. "What are you doing?"

A girl with blond hair reaches me as I stare back to the view I had before.

"My dad always said something about a mountain place, I think it's over there, he said it's on a peak." I explain as she pulls out a large bit of paper. She opens it up with a map scribbled on it.

"You're right," she confirms. "But there's a radiation soaked forest between us and there, they dropped us on the wrong damn mountain." She tells me as I look to her.

"We'll figure it out." I say as she smiles at me a little.

"Clarke." She introduces herself, holding her hand out to me.

"Sawyer." I say, taking her hand in mine.

"Can I join the party?" I turn back as I see a boy with long hair walking up to us, mine and Clarke's hand dropping to our side. "I don't believe we've met, Finn."

"Sawyer."

"I see you've already met the princess." He says gesturing towards Clarke who clearly didn't like being called that.

"You don't like being called princess, do you princess?" Finn challenges with a small smirk.

"Okay, well I'll leave you two to it." I say as I raise my eyebrows and start to make my way back to the drop ship.

After wandering around for a while and collecting some wood to make a fire I see Clarke sitting by a log, drawing on that map she showed me earlier.

"What're you doing?" I ask as I crouch down in front of her, on the opposite side of the log.

She briefly looks at me before looking back to map, "Trying to figure out the best route to get to Mount Weather." She explains as I nod.

"Where's the radiation forest?" I ask as she points to the map.

"You're better going that way," I say pointing the opposite way around the forest that she drew.

"And why's that?" She asks, looking up to me.

"Not as many rivers, sharks and crocodiles could have survived a nuclear explosion 97 years ago." I explain as she nods.

"Good call-"

"We have a problem." I look up to see a young black man had just took his place beside me. Me and Clarke both rise to our feet.

"What?" Clarke asks as the boy sighs.

"The communication system is dead, I went to the roof and a dozen panels are missing." He explains as I sigh.

"Well, I'll let you both take care of that." I say as I turn and walk away.