Chapter forty-seven

Chapter forty-seven
A

Bellamy still hadn't rejoined the group

Bellamy still hadn't rejoined the group. It had been a few hours and no one had said anything. Clarke had tried to speak to us, to reassure us, but it fell on deaf ears.

Earlier Jasper had thrown some plants into the fire on accident, causing Octavia to realise that the green smoke that emanated from the flames was in-fact, a signal to Luna.

I thought something would have happened straight away, people would have came out of the trees or fell from the sky to come save the day. But then I remembered the reality of the situation, and I wasn't living in one of those fairytale books my father used to read me before bed.

I didn't even know when anyone would come - or even if they would at all. It was a waiting game at this point.

My eyes blinked away from the fire and to my left, watching as Bellamy still stood at the ocean. I wanted us to be a team again, like we were before and somewhere in my mind, I knew we would be if it really came down to it. The same way I knew that I had already forgiven him. He just wasn't aware that I had yet.

My eyes flicker to Clarke, who stands up and looks down at me.

"I'll talk to him." She nods her head in the direction of Bellamy, earning a nod in return from me as I look back to the fire.

I feel her presence linger, probably waiting for me to protest or say some sarcastic comment like; "Be my guest." Or "Go right ahead." When she realises that I'm choosing to remain silent, her footsteps get further away.

"Will you forgive him?"

I look at Octavia who had just spoke, my eyebrows raised slightly. She didn't even look away from the fire as she hugged her knees close to her chest.

I didn't know how to reply to her, but I decide to tell her the truth.

"I already have, he just doesn't know it yet. Have you?"

"How can I?" She shakes her head slightly, as if fighting with her own thoughts. "He got Lincoln killed."

I don't say anything else. I didn't want too. And frankly, there was nothing I could say.

The silence filled the air again for a while. The wind being the only thing I could listen to rather than my own thoughts.

I see Jasper jump to his feet as he stares behind me with big eyes. I quickly stand too, as does Octavia and I move to stand beside them, looking at the people coming towards us with weapons.

I hear more footsteps behind us as I turn around and see Bellamy and Clarke being brought over to us, placed on their knees with a gag in their mouths.

"It's okay." Octavia reassures us as I look at her with slight panic.

A man stands in front of us and speaks in the grounder language. I only decipher a few words, but not enough to know what he said.