Chapter forty-nine

Chapter forty-nine
A

"Push!" Pike orders as they turn the wheel to raise the lift

I stood myself as I watched down the hallway. Octavia and Indra stood not too far away from me as I saw Octavia glaring back at Pike.

"Why is he still alive?" I hear her ask as my eyes gaze over to her.

"Because the dead can't help us." Indra tells her as I walk over to them.

"He was my home." Octavia whispers. She turns her head to look at me as I place my hand on her shoulder.

"You do what you need to do, Octavia." I say as I notice the tears welling up in her eyes. "But only after this is over." I say, sternly. "Indra's right. We need all the help we can get." I watch her as a few tears fall but she is quick to wipe them away and nod.

I crouch down as I suddenly hear gun shots, Indra and Octavia doing the same. Octavia and Indra are faster than me as they grab the person and throw them to the ground. I stumble forward as I see my father's face.

"Wait! Don't hurt him!" I shout as Octavia holds him down with her foot on his chest and a gun pointed at him.

"Dad." I say as I fall to my knees beside him, but he only glares up at Octavia.

"This isn't you, Kane. I'm sorry." Indra tells him before raising her foot and knocking him unconscious. I look up at her with a worried expression.

"Sawyer-"

"I know." I cut her off as I nod. "It's okay, we have too. I know." She nods once at me as I sigh and stand back to my feet, both of us dragging my dad to sit him up against a wall. "Come on, he won't be alone." I say as I jog up to where Miller, Bryan and Pike were. I kneel down beside Bryan as I see he has been shot.

"You alright?" Miller asks as he crawls to the other side of him. Bryan nods in response.

"Back on the wheel!" Pike calls as I look over and see him pulling himself up. I notice he was also shot as I stand up and place my hands against the handle of the wheel. I hear grounders shouting in their own language not too far from us as my eyes land on Pike in front of me.

"We're about to have company." Octavia tells us.

"You wanna bet?" Bryan states as I look down at him. He pulls an explosive from his bag with a 5 second timer on it. "Nate..." Miller doesn't waste a second before taking the explosive from him and running down the corridor.